Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:56:07 AM EDT
I recently purchased one of the Cherokee "snap-on" cheek pieces from Robert Johnson and it's too tall.  But having no raised cheek piece is a tad too low.

My PTR91 has a B&T 21174 mount under Warne Extra High rings (just tall enough to clear the rear sight drum) and the Cherokee cheek piece is too tall at about 1" above the stock.  I can't squeeze my cheek down hard enough to see through the scope.  Well, I can just barely but it hurts my cheek.

Does anyone offer a cheek piece to fit a 91 buttstock that is perhaps only about 3/8" to 1/2" tall?  If so I would sure appreciate receiving that information.  Screw-on, glue-on, strap-on, double-sided-sticky-tape-on, whatever.

As usual, thanks in advance,
Eric
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:11:50 AM EDT
[#1]
You might try something along this line.

www.smithenterprise.com/products03.html  (scroll about 1/2 way down)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Tanks for the info.  I'll check out their site.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Or maybe give this a try...

Blackhawk cheek rest
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#4]
There ya go, good $$$ too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the Smith's one pretty secure?  Does it move around at all while shooting? I do like the "removeability" factor.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the Blackhawk universal cheek riser on my G3 clone. Perfect height for my claw-mount...

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks FYRARMS, but my scope sits fully 1" lower.  It sits so low that I had to file down the very top of the 100 meter JLD rear sight since they use a peep instead of a V-notch like HK.  ;)  (The peep is superior BTW.)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I was previously using a B&T low mount and the cheek riser was still fine. If your scope is THAT low, you shouldn't need a cheek riser...

...unless your head is the size of a walnut.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, I was previously using a B&T low mount and the cheek riser was still fine. If your scope is THAT low, you shouldn't need a cheek riser...

...unless your head is the size of a walnut.

Well I've certainly never been accused of having a small head before.  ;)

I don't need much, perhaps just 1/2" taller to be really comfy whilst hunkered down on the stock.  Like I wrote, the Cherokee cheek piece that I bought is too tall at about 1" above the stock.  How "squishy" is that Blackhawk piece?  The Cherokee piece is not squishable/compressable at all (with cheek pressure).

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The Blackhawk riser definitely has some squish. I think you will like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top