Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 10:11:45 AM EDT
I'll have to change the required parts count composition to run them, but it will be worth it.

These are the early C1 guards with no slots - Candian Armed Forces Original - very rare animal indeed, but MARSTAR managed to dig out their last set, and they are brand spankin new with all the hardware!

I have been wanting to build a clone of the FN C1 I carried when in the Canadian Militia, and most parts are very close or identical to the L1A1, but those early handguards were unique to the C1.

Will have to run US made IWD Walnut Inch Buttstock (1) and Pistol grip(2), with US gas piston(Tapco)(3), Trigger(4), Sear(5) and Hammer(DSA)(6) which will make the 7 required US parts with the receiver(7), but it will be worth it to be able to have the Pattern 2 flash hider with bayo lug and C1 handguards. Already have the Inch chrome-lined barrel, the entire rifle is an Inch kit on an Inch receiver.

Now I will need to find C1 rear sights.  And need to find a Bayonet (preferable a Canadian one), then she will be done.

That will be as close as I can get - a visual and functional clone, if not a 100% Canadian made original. Will have to do. You won't be able to tell the difference without reading the rollmarks when I am done (hopefully!)

(That's not me in the pic BTW, just a rifle like the one I was issued.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top