Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 6:03:13 PM EDT
Hello all, should be receiving my outbackII any day now and i cannot wait.  However i will be buying a can for my 16" bbl RRA m4gery now and had a couple questions.
I read on several websites that w/ a suppressor on a 5.56 you can acheive sound levels on par w/ an unsuppressed 22LR.  Is this actually true, an aquaintance of mine says it is more like a 22mag.  I have narrowed my selection down to either a Gemtech HALO or M4-02, or the new YHM 5.56 can.  They all look really nice and would probably all make me happy, but if i am going to spend this kind of money on a steel tube, i would like to get what is going to make me the happiest.  I also heard from someone that HALO mounting systems have a habbit of corroding, has anyone ever heard/seen this?  I am somewhat leery of the YHM due to the fact that it is not stainless, but it looks like it has higher db reduction than the other two.  Anyone who has experience w/ any of these, or if someone has had experience w/ ALL of them I would most certainly love to hear from you.  I hope to be placing the order w/in the next 2 weeks so my indecisiveness must stop.  Please give me your recomendation and any reasons you may have for said choice.  Thank you and good evening all.
caleb
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
So you do not believe that it would be a problem having a non-stainless can?  If that really will not affect things, then i think that YHM can is what i need.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:45:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So you do not believe that it would be a problem having a non-stainless can?  If that really will not affect things, then i think that YHM can is what i need.

No, you wont have any corrosion problems as some would lead you to believe...
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:40:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I doubt you will have a corrosion problems, most gun owners are nuts for keeping things over cleaned and over lubed, but if it concerns you why not just buy a stainless unit?

Living in Indiana I would have no concerns, if I lived on the sea coast with Salt Air then perhaps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top