Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 5:32:52 PM EST
Been loading some WC 846 and CCI large rifle standard primers in 30.06. Noticed quite a few click bangs recently and I'm trying to figure out if it's the primers, powder or moisture in the case. I am starting to suspect it may be the primers as I used to use Winchester LR primers and then switched to the CCI's as they were significantly cheaper. Never had a problem with the WRA's but it started when I used the CCI's. Anyone have similar issues? I'm wondering if LR Magnum would work better.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:32:12 PM EST
Sounds logical to me to try a magnum primer if you think you are having ignition issues with the ball powder WC846. I bought two jugs of it a few years ago from PAT's and started with the CCI military primers and had no ignition problems. I had read opininons the military primers were hot and ok for ball powder. My problem was accuracy in .308 was a little past a mild load for semi-autos. Hard on cases and probably the guns too. I could make blaster ammo with what I found but that does not turn me on. Some day I will try it with .223 or try factory .308 cases since I was loading with military cases with less capacity.

My guess was the lot I got was a little fast and it leads me to think it will be better in .223.

gordonm1
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:49:26 AM EST
Yes I would also Recommend Magnum primers w/WC846. The only standard primers that I have used that worked in 30-06 were the WRA's
Top Top