Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 6:47:33 PM EDT
I'l like to thank Victor for his awesome D-760 6X NV scope.

This is really some incredible piece of hardware and it's performance is astounding.  If you want detail, clarity and resolution, well here it is!  Victor's hand select option really proves it's worth with a very good signal to noise, minimal halo,, high resolution, and blemish free tube.  I was particularly surprised that with such good specifications this scope is very useable in an urban environment as well rural.
It's truly hard to believe you can see this well in the dark!

I haven't begun to decide on scope position, the SOPMOD stock or the PRS as this will be a day/night weapon, but I did take Victor's advice and thin the lower front of the rubber objective daylight cover with a dremel so it would fit comfortably with the ARMS rail. Thanks for the tips, Victor.
Trimming the IRIS from the eyepiece may make for a little more comfortable shooting but Victor, can we buy a spare for tactical light control?

I suspect for long stays behind the scope the PRS stock would be the ticket, but I have very little trouble with the cheekweld with the LMT stock perhaps due to my extensive time with A2 receivers and ACOG sights.
As it's configured below it is a very comfortable rig and the ARMS rail and it's versatile optic mounting positions was one reason I had Jason at JTAC Supply build me the SPR MOD 0 upper.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats frickin' awesome.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:04:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Something about early morning sun (the tint, at least this morning, the angle) and a rifle with a night vision scope that looks right.

Victor, that is a PEQ mount, it's an A.R.M.S. #38 SPR PEQ 2-3 SWAN Sleeve 5.56 cal with the PEQ/PAQ laser interface at the end.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#5]
So that's the secret to his great photos... early morning light. Hummm i have seen cars photographed just after dawn as the light is really good. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II APLHA
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So that's the secret to his great photos... early morning light. Hummm i have seen cars photographed just after dawn as the light is really good. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II APLHA

Indirect daylight is the best of all light, early morning usually not so good cause it can be hard to get it where you like it, but sometimes indirect flash can work out well too, I was fairly pleased with this photo tonight.

And the PRS stock, well everything Victor said about it was true!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II APLHA

Indirect daylight is the best of all light, early morning usually not so good cause it can be hard to get it where you like it, but sometimes indirect flash can work out well too, I was fairly pleased with this photo tonight.

www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/57484127/original.jpg

And the PRS stock, well everything Victor said about it was true!

*Snifle* that... is... the most... beautiful rifle.. I have ever... seen
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Victor, almost midnight, about 50F, WNW winds around 8 mph with mild gusts, damp, overcast clearing but actually still a touch of mist at times and I managed to get three 2.5" 10 shot groups on shoot & see targets at a Leica Geovid laser measured 200 yards under partial moon lit conditions (some tree obstruction of the light).
This was prone, bipod, pretty hard ground, and quite comfortable with the PRS stock.

What level of accuracy would one expect from a NV scope anyway?
Overall, I was pretty pleased but I felt like I could do a bit better, especially considering the fatigue level after a 14 hour day at work.

Thank goodness for the PVS-14 for negotiating the pretty difficult terrain to and from the target area.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top