Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 1:47:03 PM EDT
What do we think... any good ? I think I deserve a 9mm carbine, but don't feel like adding another AR to the collection. The HK-clones are a bit pricey given the infrequent use I would put them to. I am enchanted by the semi-auto UZI that Vector are selling. I know its not full auto, but the price is right. I would, of course, SBR the beast. Two questions:

1) Are these Vector UZIs OK (design, robustness, reliability etc.) ?

2) Should I buy the pistol and add a folding stock via a Form 1, buy the 16" carbine and chop the barrel via a Form 1, or should I buy the factory SBR via a Form 3/local Class III dealer ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a picture thread. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=188603

I just bought an Uzi carbine from a fellow board member.  It is currently on route to my FFL.  I'll post pics when I get it and do a range report when I get it to the range.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Please let me know... am strongly considering a factory SBR.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say get it for the cool factor. How much do they run?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd say get it for the cool factor. How much do they run?

They are, as you say, very cool... another icon of the 20th century (I already have an underfolder AK). However, as the UZI SMG was originally designed for open-bolt operation, I would like some perspective on how robust and reliable the Vector closed-bolt semi-auto design really has been.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#5]
What, nobody have one of these ?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Had a vector UZI and sold it.  It had reliability problems and had problems with the sear.  In fact, it had so many problems that a thread was tacked at www.Uzitalk.com concerning their reliability problems.  However, I must applaud Vector for participating in the thread and they seem eager to rectify the problems with their UZI.  BTW, I puchased mine last March so they may have ironed out their problems.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, they do have some issues don't they. Maybe I'll rethink this, especially as I was going to go SBR which would be more difficult to dispose of if the thing was a dog.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one last January, and I love mine!  Vector sent me the upgraded Op spring, and have'nt had any problems since.  I use mine to dispatch armadillos with for the most part.  I'll attach some pics with the short dummy barrel installed.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:52:16 AM EDT
[#9]
They did have some issues a while back but they seem to have fixed things.  They are very responsive to problems and will fix them.

I chose to go with a Vector Uzi SBR.  I did have to wait a while for the transfer from my dealer.  I bought a tri-lug barrel and now I'm waiting for my MK9K silencer.

I love my Vector Uzi.  The semi-auto design is strong and you should not worry about it at all.  I have shot 1000+ rounds without any problems.  I actually don't mind the 16" barrel and have an IMI semi that I shoot as well.  

Vector has no Uzis in stock now and they are not taking any new orders.  I was thinking about getting another one so I talked to them recently.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Advice:  Spend a couple of hundred dollars more for an original Action Arms IMI and you won't need to use Vector's customer service.

Everyone raves about the service - but your are likely to need it in my experience.  

I have 3 AA IMSs and one Vector.  Not even comparable.  My Vector had major reliability problems out of the box and lots of  quality problems.  Worse than any Century gun I have ever handled.

And the customer service was NOT very helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top