Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 9:17:56 PM EDT
Found a pretty used century L1a1 with the thumbhole stock at one of the pawnshops the other day.  Finish on reciever looks like crap, but rest of gun doesnt look bad.  What would be a fair price for this?  I would like to add the us parts so i can put a standard stock on it, that is ok right?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:40:55 AM EDT
[#1]
You can find Century L1A1's like new for about $450. They are kind of hit and miss on quality but I got a great one for $479 with a new barrel and it shoots flawlessly. You can add anything you want to it as long as its made in USA. The guy in Arizona will take about any POS and make it right for $250. Beats the heck out of $1300 for a DSA.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The good news is that the early one w/ the thumbholes are all real L1A1 Min Of Defnse parts. Should be an excellent shooter and reliable. Cost has come down on new CAI L1A1's so one in better than good shape is only around $380 to $425. One with no finish should only be $300 in my opinion. This is alot of rifle for just over $300. No collector value though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Was it on an Imbel reciever? This would help increase the value a little in my opinion.www.l1a1.com/ has lots of info on these rifles.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can find Century L1A1's like new for about $450. They are kind of hit and miss on quality but I got a great one for $479 with a new barrel and it shoots flawlessly. You can add anything you want to it as long as its made in USA. The guy in Arizona will take about any POS and make it right for $250. Beats the heck out of $1300 for a DSA.

Go to www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/

Everything you need to know is on the links page.

Have fun.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]
variable1:
Check to see if it's an IMBEL.  That would be good.
As for the crappy finish, I stripped off the crap with a 3M green pad and rubbing alcohol, then sprayed the whole rifle (parts were taped off that weren't to be painted) with Rustoleum BBQ black.  It's still on there.
This is what it looks like:

Get it while it's hot.
That bottom picture is, of course, not the L1A1...it's a Bushmaster Dissipator with all the wrong add-ons for fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top