Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2011 6:06:18 PM EDT
What is the current value of a Springfield Armory SAR 4800 chambered in .223/5.56mm with a thumb hole stock in very good condition?

Thank you, Phessor
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Scrap value ... send it to me and I'll dispose of it for you
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only seen one for sale recently, that was at Lauer Custom Weaponry and they had $899 on the tag.  I only took a quick peek at it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I found one at a local shop for $1250.00
Always wanted one but I don't know if it is a good price or not.
Thank you, Phessor
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thank you, Phessor

I like the FAL as much as the next guy, but I don't see the draw to one in 5.56, when we have XCRs, AR15s, SCARs, etc, all lighter and more modern.  Just my opinion.  If I had seen the one at Lauer's on another day, I might have impulse bought it though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you, Phessor

I like the FAL as much as the next guy, but I don't see the draw to one in 5.56, when we have XCRs, AR15s, SCARs, etc, all lighter and more modern.  Just my opinion.  If I had seen the one at Lauer's on another day, I might have impulse bought it though.

Right, so forget about any kind of collection...just have one, single rifle.

I have a stamp collection...I has one stamp. Want to see my coin collection? Yup, one coin. See where this is going?

It's a FAL in 5.56mm That's more than enough reason for many collectors.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you, Phessor

I have a stamp collection...I has one stamp. Want to see my coin collection? Yup, one coin. See where this is going?

He didn't state that there was no reason to have one. He simply stated that he doesn't see a reason for HIM to have one. Your self righteousness is unwarranted.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you, Phessor

He didn't state that there was no reason to have one. He simply stated that he doesn't see a reason for HIM to have one. Your self righteousness is unwarranted.

Self righteousnous? Where and when? I was simply pointing out in what was supposed to be a slightly humorous analogy that some people like to collect numerous rifles in numerous calibers.

If he was butthurt over my comment, maybe he could have replied instead of your two cents worth of being his champion.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you, Phessor

Self righteousnous? Where and when? I was simply pointing out in what was supposed to be a slightly humorous analogy that some people like to collect numerous rifles in numerous calibers.

If he was butthurt over my comment, maybe he could have replied instead of your two cents worth of being his champion.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you, Phessor

I understand now, you have no idea what the phrase means. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I just wanted to know if $1200.00 was to much to spend on one of these rifles.
Phessor
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Most in nice condition sell for more
I paid more than that for mine and would gladly buy a nice one for $1200
They are fun to shoot and nice quality
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Does it take AR mags? I would love to see a pic or a link to a pic.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes they take M-16/AR-15 magazines.

Pictures are not of actual rifle I am looking at but pulled from the world wide web.

Phessor
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#14]
if i had cash and found one id buy for that price be cool to pop out a 5.56 FAL
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#15]
That looks cool, here's the only other company I have seen that makes something like it
Red Rock Arms
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Well I went ahead and purchased the rifle.
It is very clean and upon closer inspection I would say it has had less then 100 rounds through it if even that.
Now to see if DSA has a PARA lower for sale!!!
Phessor
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well I went ahead and purchased the rifle.
It is very clean and upon closer inspection I would say it has had less then 100 rounds through it if even that.
Now to see if DSA has a PARA lower for sale!!!
Phessor

Pictures man!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Here is one converted with Imbel para parts along with it's big brother

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Imbel_Paras_4.jpg
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:21:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I always looked at the 5.56 fals kind of like a 9mm 1911. Even the fat girls need some lovin'. They just won't get it from me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Here is one converted with Imbel para parts along with it's big brother

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Imbel_Paras_4.jpg

Great looking rifles!!!
If I was keeping mine this is what I wanted to to to it.
Phessor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top