Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 2:46:52 PM EDT
I just came into posession of a Thompson 50 Rd. Drum made by Auto-Ordnance..."TYPE L".  It has some minor wear at the contact points where it was put on & taken off a the gun, but the inside appears never to have been loaded...certainly not used.
I have been told a wide range of prices, but I really don't know the going rate.  Ebay doesn't carry hi-caps & I can't even find one on Auction Arms.  There's a 100 rd. for $2,000 on AA, but I guess that's probably a bit high.
I've been told everthing from $600 up to $1,300.
I would like to sell it, so if anyone here is familiar with these I would appreciate any advice.  No hurry, but I should know more before I sell.
AR's I know, Mausers I know, Thompsons I don't know.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine sold one not long ago for $800.00.  It was almost NIB had been fired very little.  
good luck
DA
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
This time I'm biting the bullet(sorry, bad pun) and using the profits to get the metal shop set up...mini-mill & mini-lathe.  It's so hard to do the right thing instead of get the gun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:24:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Depending on condition and if an original, the price would be about $600.

If you want, place it on www.gunbroker.com and place a reserve of $500. About once every two weeks a 50 round drum is sold and usually no less than $500.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#6]
From what I have seen $700 is about the average for a 50rd in decent shape. The 100rd drums are more rare and they usually go for around $1200.

John
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:12:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw some guy trying to sell AK 75rd drums for $495 at the last gunshow. Since people want that kind of money for AK drums which are much more plentiful, then you should get a at least 1K out of it. I honestly don't see how people pay that kind of money, but what do I know.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I saw some guy trying to sell AK 75rd drums for $495 at the last gunshow. Since people want that kind of money for AK drums which are much more plentiful, then you should get a at least 1K out of it. I honestly don't see how people pay that kind of money, but what do I know.

I sure hope you are joking, anyone who pays that much for an AK drum obviously dosn't know how much there worth!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top