Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2001 10:07:29 PM EDT
Hi everybody.  I was just given an Iver Johnson M1 carbine 50th anniversary model with the Michigan National Guard Seal in the buttstock.  Also included was the sling and bayonet and it came in a glass case.  This gun has never been fired.  There is a little wear on the stock from sitting in the case though.  There is nothing special looking about it other than "50th anniversary 1941-1991" engraved in the reciever and the seal in the stock.  The only other M1 I am familiar with is the Universal POS I own that won't feed from double stack mags.  Can someone shed some light on the I.J. for me and tell me what it's worth?  Should I put it back in the display case or can I shoot it without ruining its value too much?  I will try to get a picture up tomorrow.  I'm also getting a couple of .45s next week.  One of those is also some type of commerative model that is unfired.  I will post pictures and questions for those as soon as I get them and find out who they are made by.

Thanks, Sydwaiz
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Will these help?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top