Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 11:43:12 AM EDT
Anybody know of a stripper clip mounted picatinny base that will be compatible with the VLTOR front handguard with the short top rail, and allow a ring mounted in back and front for standard scope configuration?

Just curious if this is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Like this?

Springfield offers a full-length rail like this or the scout-mount rail seen on the Socom.  Both are made by Vltor.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
That is the goal, but I want to utilize my existing VLTOR short rail and something separate that mounts in the stripper clip guide.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That is the goal, but I want to utilize my existing VLTOR short rail and something separate that mounts in the stripper clip guide.

I think you might find that to be an inexact method for mounting a scope given that one ring would be on the stripper clip mount and one ring would be on the Vltor rail.  I would worry about the rigidity of that platform and its ability to hold a consistent zero.

I think you might be better off buying the Vltor rail system you want and selling the other one.  You could end up destroying your existing one in the process and ending up with nothing.

Could you instead use a traditional M14 scope mount?  You wouldn't be using the Vltor rail at all though but you wouldn't be modifying it either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, those are all options, but I want to try my idea if I can.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Like this?

i32.photobucket.com/albums/d26/vesel/DSC_0672.jpg

Springfield offers a full-length rail like this or the scout-mount rail seen on the Socom.  Both are made by Vltor.

That is freaking sic!  Love the look of your M14.  The rail looks perfect on there.

Sean
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Like this?

i32.photobucket.com/albums/d26/vesel/DSC_0672.jpg

That is freaking sic!  Love the look of your M14.  The rail looks perfect on there.

Sean

Thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top