Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2003 11:13:54 AM EDT
I was on Robinson's website and saw these rifles.  Basically a semi-auto .308 based on an AK operating system.

Have any of you guys had any experience with them?  Are they reasonably accurate?  Pros & cons?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's anything like the Vepr "K" in 7.62x39, I will be getting one.  Krebs can modify it to accept Galil or M14 mags and also replace that dorky front sight.  I am waiting to handle one before I order it, though.

JH94
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
As I've been trying to find out info on this rifle it seems:

- It sells in the $600 range.

- It is extremely reliable.

- It is reasonably accurate.  One tester posted a 1.5" group at 100 yards.

- Although the mags are proprietary (5 & 10 round), it can be modified to accept M-14 mags ($150 for the mod).  An obvious question is whether hi-caps will be available after Sep 04 when the ban sunsets.

- One reviewer suggested replacing the rear sight ($50) and the safety selector ($50).

To buy one and have it modded to take M-14 mags, and upgrade the rear sight & safety lever, it looks like the project would be in the price range of an STG58.  However, if high-capacity magazines will be forthcoming at a reasonable price (Hey- how much could the Russians ask for mags? ) it could be a bargain.

I just realized I'm answering my own post , but I'm putting this out for anyone else who might be trying to find this info.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one a couple of years ago for a while.  It worked fine.  The groups were not in the league of a good AR15 or bolt gun, but they were ok.  I don't remember the actual group size, but the 1.5" range is probably about right.  It did not like 168 gr ammo at all, doing better with lighter GI stuff than the good match ammo.  I would rather have an M1A, but they cost more.  Watch-Six
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top