Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2002 12:54:42 PM EDT
Found a used ArmaLite M15A2 carbine with green stock at a Cabela's the other day.

After playing with it and stripping it down for some strange reason I could just not leave it sitting in the used rifle rack.

It looks like new with no scratches/dings or scrapes on the outside. No brass markings on the brass defelector and the bolt carrier looks like it was fired a few rounds and never cleaned.

Does ArmaLite honor there warranty for a used gun?? There was no papers/mags or anything else with the rifle.

Is $825.00 a good price for a used excellent condition M15A2 post ban carbine??
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Wholesale on a M15A2 carbine is $700 with chrome bbl/standard trigger. Retail is $935...
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Armalite will honor the warranty. They will ask for the serial # to verify its theirs.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I paid $800 for my 20 incher three years ago.

I'd say ya got a pretty fair deal!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#4]
ArmaLite has experienced very high sales volume in all their rifles but especially in the M-15's.
When you consider current availability I'd say your deal was fair.

I try to keep a manual with all my guns and might suggest you order a manual from ArmaLite to have with your rifle - might also want consider ordering one low-cap mag.

Other than those couple of things I'm sure you already have military manufacturer M16 mags.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got mine friday, NIB $799.95 in Loveland, CO.

But I have been told they are beating most retail by about $100

dave
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Gun prices seem to be some sort of regional thing. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and there could be as much as $150-$200 diffenece in the price of a gun between Miami and Ft. Pierce. That's 200 miles on I-95. Go to the west coast, FL, not Calif. and see the same thing. Paid $700 for a used super clean Snake ES2 16". Private purchase, probably $50 more than I should have. Seems as if I want another Armalite, I need to order out of Tx. and pay shipping and FFL fee to my local shop; but I'm not locked into Armalite. An 15-NM and the 10-T is enough. My point is, as I see shooter ask if they got a good price, my first ? is where do you live and what would it cost for you to get the same gun from another part of the country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top