Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 7:23:48 AM EDT
I finally got around to taking a couple of pics of my sling setup on my SCAR 16.

I have used Urban ERT slings on every rifle I have ever owned in the past. This time, when I sold my Steyr AUG 3 earlier this year, to buy a SCAR, I held on to the sling. The sling itself is basically the same - it's just the mounting points that change.

I had already used  GG&G quick detach rail mount as my front point on the AUG, so I had the piece. It works great on the SCAR. And, I did look at the aftermarket GG&G rear attachment point piece - I had originally planned to get this. But, after using the built in stock slot, and comparing to where the sling would contact the rifle with the GG&G piece mounted on the receiver itself - I found that I really preferred using the slot built into the stock. So, I went with that.

I typically do not leave my sling on my rifles - so, I always want detachable mounting points. I find this works best. I'm very happy with the way this came out. And, it really isn't that big of a deal to have that small nylon buckle on the rear stock when the sling is not in use...

With just the rear attachment on the stock:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top