Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2002 9:11:58 PM EDT
I thought that I'd try to catch Troy while he was online, but I'd like advice from everyone who has it:

I'd like to buy a new flattop AR upper that will be fitted with a scope.  I think that aside from target shooting, the main function of the rifle will be as a prairie dog gun.  I imagine that the vast majority of the shooting with this upper will be from a rest.  

Seems that every manufacturer has an offering, and the prices are all within the same ballpark.  I realize that there is some brand loyalty among AR owners, but I haven't got any real bias.  Am open to suggestions.  

And, yes, I realize that this question has been asked dozens of times.  Just would like to get some more opinions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If I were wanting what you are, I would check out the offerings from Les Baer and/or Wilson Combat. Both make superb barrels for accuracy, possibly the best w/o going the super duper custom route.

My .o2
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I will.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot an OA ultramatch that does .5moa.  Alot cheaper than Wilson or Baer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top