Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2009 11:19:19 AM EDT
Question from me: Is there an estimated time on when you will start selling steyr aug magazines?

will they be made in the USA or made in Austria?

thank you

Answer from Jack Riddle, Steyr Arms: We have a large number of magazines coming in from Austria and are having an American firm also make AUG magazines in order to keep prices down.  Our web site, www.steyrarms.com, will soon have the Steyr Store open and you will be able to purchase the magazines, and other AUG accessories from the site.
Jack
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's was I was told by Steyr Arms USA two days ago - they don't have any mags in stock and large backorder on them. They are expected to get a shipment of mags from Austria.

They don't expect any mags from Sabre? Not sure if Sabre will be selling mags, might be worth giving them a call...

-albertr
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
So who did they subcontract out the magazines here in the U.S. to? I don't think it's Sabre.

I had heard some rumors, but would like to hear what you guys are hearing on this.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I was not clear, sorry for misunderstanding. He said Sabre got them. Not sure who actually makes them, please shed some light if you know...

-albertr
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#4]
i got the response in the OP today..  the man did not mention which company is going to make them, very vague
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
grrr.. double tap
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Jack's last name of 'Riddle' seems very appropriate based  on the level and consitency of information he has given out in the last two years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Jack's last name of 'Riddle' seems very appropriate based  on the level and consitency of information he has given out in the last two years.

HAHA...very true. I like Jack as an individual a lot he's always so friendly when you call him, but sometimes I think Big Steyr doesn't really communicate to well with him.

I have heard a rumor about who might be doing the magazines for Steyr here in the U.S., but I suspect it to be total B.S. and don't care to spread it until I hear something else on this.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Question from me: Is there an estimated time on when you will start selling steyr aug magazines?

thank you

Answer from Jack Riddle, Steyr Arms: We have a large number of magazines coming in from Austria and are having an American firm also make AUG magazines in order to keep prices down.  Our web site, www.steyrarms.com, will soon have the Steyr Store open and you will be able to purchase the magazines, and other AUG accessories from the site.
Jack

The 30rnd Mags are out in abundance already.  The 42rounders we're told should be in a couple weeks.  So they say...

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:52:15 AM EDT
[#9]
MSAR is an American company prouducing AUG compatible magazines since mid last year.  But, Steyr wouldn't do something like that or would they?

RonSwin
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:19:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Ok, stupid question. Who makes the AUG mags that come with my A3?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:39:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
MSAR is an American company prouducing AUG compatible magazines since mid last year.  But, Steyr wouldn't do something like that or would they?

RonSwin

I want to stop this one right here.  MSAR makes MSAR mags and that is all the mags we make.

Dave Robertson
MSAR
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

RonSwin

I want to stop this one right here.  MSAR makes MSAR mags and that is all the mags we make.

Dave Robertson
MSAR

Good thing you nipped this in the bud Dave, no one would have ever guessed your mag is peculiarly similar to the Steyr mag.

And speaking of Steyr mags, will MT continue admitting it's newest generation of STG's were modified specifically to accept Steyr mags or is that changing?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

C'mon now, noone can even fart around here and mention a certain other manufacturer without the militia arriving, let's not poke fun at Steyr's staff and their names.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, our MSAR STG-556 will function with Steyr mags.  We took the ribs out of the magwell in September of 2008 so Steyr mags could be used.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

thank you

Jack

I did find it odd that the newest magazines from Austria had an issue fitting in my rifles as well as others, (able to rock forward and back excessively), while the domestic manufactured mags included with the rifles fit fine. Also, I have quite a few pre ban Steyr 40 round mags which fit fine as well.

Has anyone else who purchased new mfg. Austrain mags from Steyr notice this?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes, our MSAR STG-556 will function with Steyr mags.  We took the ribs out of the magwell in September of 2008 so Steyr mags could be used.

Thanks Dave
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ok, stupid question. Who makes the AUG mags that come with my A3?

supposedly the aug mags that come with your a3 are austrian made original steyr
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Dave

Now you can join us all in 2009 BrianNH. I mean this has been pretty well known for awhile.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I did find it odd that the newest magazines from Austria had an issue fitting in my rifles as well as others, (able to rock forward and back excessively), while the domestic manufactured mags included with the rifles fit fine. Also, I have quite a few pre ban Steyr 40 round mags which fit fine as well.

Has anyone else who purchased new mfg. Austrain mags from Steyr notice this?

The new 30rd mags that came with mine were a bit tight, but fit in with a light tap.  Other Steyr new mfg 42 rounders and 30 and 42 prebans have fit fine.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Dave

Now you can join us all in 2009 BrianNH. I mean this has been pretty well known for awhile.

Nice try, but if you read my question, you would have noticed that I already knew this, and was simply asking (read carefully now); whether MT would continue to admit this in light of all the recent mystique and denial regarding STG parts interchangeability . Now, did that really go over your head?

Here's the question;
And speaking of Steyr mags, will MT continue admitting it's newest generation of STG's were modified specifically to accept Steyr mags or is that changing?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Dave

Nice try, but if you read my question, you would have noticed that I already knew this, and was simply asking (read carefully now); whether MT would continue to admit this in light of all the recent mystique and denial regarding STG parts interchangeability . Now, did that really go over your head?

Here's the question;

Why would they have to confirm that they will continue to admit anything?

The world doesn't revolve around BrianNH.

They said it long ago, it's been common knowledge at this website for months and months. They haven't once said anything contrary.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Dave

Here's the question;

They said it long ago, it's been common knowledge at this website for months and months. They haven't once said anything contrary.

For some reason BrianNH has an axe to grind with MSAR, not sure what the reason is but it seems to come up in any thread hinting at compatibility between the MSAR and the AUG.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:29:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Dave

Here's the question;

MT from the beginning had spoken about parts similarities and interchangeability between their rifle and the Steyr. They had admitted many parts were similar or the same as the Steyr. This was not a surprise knowing how closely MT copied the Steyr, and justifiably so, it brought up questions about what parts specifically were interchangeable between the two rifles. Most recently when pushed though, MT has now (through their spokesperson MSARDave)  taken a stand that there is no parts compatibility between the two rifles period. Based on this, I asked MSARDave if MT would continue to admit their STG was modified to take a Steyr mag or would they deny this now. You might say I was breaking his balls. Now, is this just an act of yours, or were you really not getting where I was going with this? I'm getting slightly annoyed having to spell everything out to you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top