Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/12/2008 2:59:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2008 6:42:54 AM EDT by dr-marley]
I am going to pick up my SWR Spectre today that I ordered for my Spike's Upper. I still have a 30 to 60 day wait on my upper.

A week and a half ago the ATF sent back my papers telling me I didn't send in my LLC documents with my form 4s. I just resent them. My dealer told me my approved form 4 arrived with the LLC documents that I resent to the ATF. He said he has never seen that done before. Maybe they found my original documents and used them for my file and were waiting for me to return the one form 4 that they sent back to me with the request for my LLC documents.

My youngest son is going with me to pickup the SWR. He wants to stop by Target Masters and buy me a Walther P22 to use untill the Spike's Upper comes in. Most likely he will be using it more then me.

Dane
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:56:32 AM EDT
Excellent choice.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:20:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/13/2008 3:25:08 AM EDT by dr-marley]
I picked up my SWR Spectre and Pusher Tool. Looks great. My son bought a P22 within an hour but we have to wait till Friday to get the Suppressor conversion cap in.

One problem I have is the Pusher Tool will not thread into the ends of the tube. The tool will seat with a half turn then bind. I did not force it in. The end caps turn and seat in the tube effortlessly. No binding, just smooth turning till the cap is tight against the tube. I think the tool should be just as smooth as the end caps. I am going to ask SWR to give me a return authorization number for the Usher Tool. Most likely running the tool through a die head would clean it up but I want SWR to do that.

Will keep you updated.

Dane

PS: When my son and I got to the dealers company we helped him carry in from his car a brand new Mini Gun with complete electronic controls and Vehicle Mount into his office. We placed it next to two M2s, one M2 had a water jacket on it. My son did take a picture of the Mini Gun with his cell phone.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 5:07:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:42:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mpallett:

Originally Posted By dr-marley:
I picked up my SWR Spectre and Pusher Tool. Looks great. My son bought a P22 within an hour but we have to wait till Friday to get the Suppressor conversion cap in.

One problem I have is the Pusher Tool will not thread into the ends of the tube. The tool will seat with a half turn then bind. I did not force it in. The end caps turn and seat in the tube effortlessly. No binding, just smooth turning till the cap is tight against the tube. I think the tool should be just as smooth as the end caps. I am going to ask SWR to give me a return authorization number for the Usher Tool. Most likely running the tool through a die head would clean it up but I want SWR to do that.

Will keep you updated.

Dane

PS: When my son and I got to the dealers company we helped him carry in from his car a brand new Mini Gun with complete electronic controls and Vehicle Mount into his office. We placed it next to two M2s, one M2 had a water jacket on it. My son did take a picture of the Mini Gun with his cell phone.

Give us a call, we will take care of you.

Matt / SWR

Matt,

Problem has been resolved. Had a friend look at the threads with a magnifying glass and used a dental pick to take a small bur off of the threads on the Pusher Tool. Tool now threads into each side of the tube.

Thank You for the quick response and support.

Dane
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:19:13 AM EDT
This thread is USELESS without pictures!!!!

Post the Spectre please!

I am looking to get one of these soon, help throw me over the edge!

How 'bout a picture of it on a firearm and a pile of parts!!!

-TS
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 9:22:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tite_Shot_VA:
This thread is USELESS without pictures!!!!

Post the Spectre please!

I am looking to get one of these soon, help throw me over the edge!

How 'bout a picture of it on a firearm and a pile of parts!!!

-TS

I will try to get some pictures. I don't have my Spike's Upper yet. Will have the P22 by end of week with the suppressor adapter.

Dane
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:25:05 PM EDT
very soon,very soon I will be getting one and a SWR Trident for ym Sig Elite.If I could only sell my rifle package.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 3:06:24 AM EDT
My son Tom bought a MAC 10/9 and is having a Lage Upper built for it. I am having Lage thread the end of the barrel for a three prong adapter and we are going to buy a Trident 9 for it.

Dane
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:21:44 AM EDT
Picture yet? PLEASE?

-TS
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:57:51 PM EDT
You'll like the Trident.I had a Uzi with a 3 lugged barrel for my Trident.It was a pleasure to shoot,bolt noise and bullet impact were the loudest sounds with Ga Arms canned heat.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:06:16 AM EDT
tag. I handled a Spectre and Warlock the other day. Very nice, the both of them. The Spectre is significantly heavier than the Warlock but for my purposes (10/22) an extra 4 oz is not gonna make much of a difference.

I'd be interested to see what your impressions of the Spectre are. FWIW I grew up about 20 mins from TargetMaster.
Top Top