Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 9/29/2005 10:19:11 PM EDT
I just got my HeatGear shirt and was wondering if its moisture wicking function will be hindered if worn under work coveralls?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:30:53 AM EDT
Ok here's how it goes from experience. The UA shirts do an awesome job of wicking away moisture. But it will only bring it to the outside of the UA shirt. So if your wearing coveralls, the coveralls might absorb it.

It is made to be used with other high speed systems that will take the moisture on the outside of the t, and pass it throught the next layer. For example, I wear body armor all day- the shirt transfers sweat to the DCU top, but then it is absorbed. As soon as I take armor off and there is air between shirt and DCU blouse it evaporates quickly. As long as your coveralls are loose fitting, it will work fairly well.

Alot of people I work with say under armor sucks, I still get sweaty and stuff. Well they are pussies and nothing is perfect, but UA does help me alot.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:47:50 AM EDT
Works well for me too. Even with hunting clothes or gear on it still keeps the sweat from pooling down my back ,ect.  (note for cold winter trips the pants work well, but only with long underwear worn too. ) Its a sweat barrier, not a warming layer.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:08:59 PM EDT
Thanks for the relies. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:46:59 PM EDT
I also wear UA under my armor vest. It works great. I wear a regular shirt over the UA to absorb sweat so it doesn't transfer to the vest.

I don't think it really does anything to make you any less hot but does make you more comfortable if you have to wear layers or armor.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:31:43 AM EDT
I wore a cotton undershirt under my IIIA armor once, and it was horrible.  I then bought a Champion moisture control t-shirt at Target ($11 I think) and it works quite well.  It is very similar to the UA stuff, but quite a bit cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:37:06 AM EDT
I will never wear cotton undershirts again, wartime or not.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:41:20 AM EDT
Some guys just cannot tolerate UA tight gear, it makes them feel like they have something crawling on your skin.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:55:55 AM EDT

Quoted:
I also wear UA under my armor vest. It works great. I wear a regular shirt over the UA to absorb sweat so it doesn't transfer to the vest.

+1 for this method. UA moves sweat away from the skin and cotton absorbs and hopefully evaporates it. Without the cotton you will just move the sweat to your armor carrier. With one of my shirts the material is so slick that without the cotton T my armor slides around too much.

I use some cheap $12 Merona (Target) nylon/spandex shirts and they work just as well as my nike  and UA shirts. Just a little thicker which helps with the skin crawling sensation.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:15:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 1:46:34 PM EDT

Quoted:
Some guys just cannot tolerate UA tight gear, it makes them feel like they have something crawling on your skin.

Try moving up a size.  I had the same problem until I moved up to a larger size.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:11:45 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try moving up a size.  I had the same problem until I moved up to a larger size.

Had to go up from a L to a XXL, so I just went with loose gear.  
Top Top