Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/6/2006 3:53:04 PM EDT
Does anybody know if this upper works well?  I am wanting to get into the 50 club, but obviously I do not want to spend $3000.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine...
Ultralite50 Range Report
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 18" upper and works great. Shoulder firing is relatively easy, but takes a bit of getting used too, not for the recoil but for the muzzleblast...startling at first....use muffs OVER plugs. I shoot this rifle much more than my LAR Grizzly, and it actually has less recoil at 15lbs than the grizzly at 35lbs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have 18" upper and works great. Shoulder firing is relatively easy, but takes a bit of getting used too, not for the recoil but for the muzzleblast...startling at first....use muffs OVER plugs. I shoot this rifle much more than my LAR Grizzly, and it actually has less recoil at 15lbs than the grizzly at 35lbs.

LRTom,
What kind of trigger pull are you getting on yours?
Thanks!
Hakim
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#4]
5lbs even, alotta creep, but crisp let off. I can't complain..trigger is better than my Grizzly.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Had a 24" upper, good gun, decent accuracy with surplus ammo. I sold mine as I do not have access to anything longer than 500yds and at that range it just lost its thrill.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
here is me shooting mine offhand :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJZKSF3kRZQ
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an ultralite 50 in 24" barrel.  I have had it for about a month.  Recoil is mild but does produce quite the muzzle blast.  Accuracy is good with surplus but waiting to try some handloads.  I have a 3lb JP trigger but left the stock hammer spring in.  I have been happy with mine.  
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top