Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/10/2008 3:53:45 PM EDT
Just trying to gage some interest to see how many GSG-5 owners out there would want an Ultimate Clip Loader for their GSG-5.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about the Ultimate Clip Loader will allow you to load a Ruger Mark II or III 22LR clip in seconds without tearing up your thumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jHazxWXCA

Link Posted: 12/10/2008 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What is a "clip?"
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Hells yeah I woudl!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I would be intrested.
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is a "clip?"

Something girls put in their hair, right?

Link Posted: 12/10/2008 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I know the marketing guy screwed up on the name at McFadden Mfg.

Better name would have Ultimate Mag Loader.

I've been talking to the manufacturer of this product about making another version that would work with other 22 LR.
I proposed to them that maybe a universal version could be made from the one they developed for the Ruger.

So far they have not planned on making one for other guns yet but if there was enough interest maybe they would.
You have to realize that plastic molds are very expensive to make but I believe they would have a good return on their investment if they made for the GSG-5.
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy crap I'd be all over one of those!

GSG-5, or even my Brownells .22 mags!
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Dear dfiorucci,

Since you are the OP, can we assume you have plans to contact the McFadden Machine Company, Inc. to fabricate these gems for the GSG-5 magazines?

Their website advertises:
“The ULTIMATE CLIPLOADER for Ruger Mark II or 22/45 Pistols and the Browning Buckman Pistols®” and to call them for orders. No price is listed.

But I assume it would be a new product otherwise the advertisement would list a compatibility to the GSG-5 also. Right?

I believe this new product would “take-off like a rocket” with a lot of interest.

And let’s do a Group-Buy proposal, to get a “special low price for the people who helped them bring it to market!”

Count me in for beta-testing too!
I’ll take one! Thanks to you!

Grip
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Have the manufacturer contact ATI to ask them about GSG sales in the last year, if that won't do it nothing will.
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks excellent - I would definitely get one if they modified it to work with GSG mags.
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 11:00:51 PM EDT
[#10]
if the price was reasonable, I'd be in for at least 1
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#11]
YES! this would be a great product for the gsg !  24 rounds to load every mag at the range does take alot of time out of your firing time. I like to shoot a whole 550 box when i go. I wrote this company and Im waiting for a reply.  I think we should all write and show our interest in these clip loaders- it might push the company to really think about making them for us.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 8:25:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Upon re-thinking this, the GSG mag is curved. It would be quite difficult to make it work the same way as the straight pistol mags.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What is a "clip?"

LOL, my Garand uses those...
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#14]

but wait if you look at the top of gsg mag  they don.t load straight down but slightly from the front then down

believe ruger loads go straight one on top of the other

might not be doable

may need different config to load  them  properly
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#15]
So do you have any connections to this company and know if any feasibility studies have been done to see if this is even possible or is this all conjecture at this point?

Personally, I wouldn't buy a speed loader for the GSG - it loads easy enough with the tabs on the side. Compared to loading Ciener mags, loading GSG mags is a breeze.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#16]
i would definitely get one, or maybe two, if they actually worked on GSG mags
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So do you have any connections to this company and know if any feasibility studies have been done to see if this is even possible or is this all conjecture at this point?

Personally, I wouldn't buy a speed loader for the GSG - it loads easy enough with the tabs on the side. Compared to loading Ciener mags, loading GSG mags is a breeze.

I have contacted the manufacturer in the past and have offered my engineering services to help design this for the GSG-5.
I thought if enough interest was generated for this product that they would change their minds and proceed with the development of it.

Gaging the response received on this post in less than 24 hours I belive it would feasible for them to proceed and I will contact them and point them to this post.

Also I liked th idea of contacting ATI to get the sales of the GSG-5.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#18]
No brainer option.  Just send me to the checkout page...
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm in.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#21]
personally I find the GSG-5 mag super easy to load, just pull down the spring and follower, drop a couple in, shake so they are inline, and add more

10/22 mags are a PITA....
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#22]
The design of the GSG mag will not let you load it like the ruger mags . It has to be slide in from the front . It will not load from the top .
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The design of the GSG mag will not let you load it like the ruger mags . It has to be slide in from the front . It will not load from the top .

Yes you are correct the design will be different to accommodate for this.
Just remember gravity does work.
The design will be quite different from the Ultimate clip loader except for the shaker bin that lines up the bullets that will be very similar.

For the gentleman who said that it wouldn't work because the mag is curved,  actually the mag is straight for approximately 2-1/4 inches before it starts to curve.

I haven't heard from the manufacturer of the Ultimate Clip Loader yet so maybe that is a good thing maybe they are considering it.

Either way I have started the design process and have solutions figured out for a few of the challenges already.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you are correct the design will be different to accommodate for this.
Just remember gravity does work.
The design will be quite different from the Ultimate clip loader except for the shaker bin that lines up the bullets that will be very similar.

For the gentleman who said that it wouldn't work because the mag is curved,  actually the mag is straight for approximately 2-1/4 inches before it starts to curve.

I haven't heard from the manufacturer of the Ultimate Clip Loader yet so maybe that is a good thing maybe they are considering it.

Either way I have started the design process and have solutions figured out for a few of the challenges already.

I have the initial design concept done.
I'm going to get the prototype built this week with a little luck.
Here are some initial images of the design to wet your appetite.

http://members.cox.net/dfiorucci/1.jpg

http://members.cox.net/dfiorucci/2.jpg
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Forgot to mention I included the abillity to use these with the new 40 rd mags that are being made.
Basically this will load up to 2 clips with up to 24 rounds with one shake alignment or on 40 round clip.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Forgot to mention I included the abillity to use these with the new 40 rd mags that are being made.
Basically this will load up to 2 clips with up to 24 rounds with one shake alignment or on 40 round clip.

Crap this won't work for the 40 rounders just read that it doesnt have the side slider.
Maybe I'll still find a way to make them work but that will definitely be for the second revision.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#27]
AWESOME!

Grip
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been looking at prototyping & manufacturing cost and was just wondering what you all would consider a reasonable price for purchasing one of these for a GSG-5.

This has been mentioned in previous post so I'm looking for some quantification of what everyone considers reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 12:28:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I've been looking at prototyping & manufacturing cost and was just wondering what you all would consider a reasonable price for purchasing one of these for a GSG-5.

This has been mentioned in previous post so I'm looking for some quantification of what everyone considers reasonable.

I'd be wiling to pay say $40.- for it. Roughly twice the cost of a LULA (AR-15) or UPLULA (pistol) magazine loader.

Anything more than that and I can live with pulling the spring back with my left hand while plunking in the rounds with my right hand

My use would be reloading the magazine at the range.

Link Posted: 12/19/2008 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#30]
I WANT ONE!!!! Count me in for one!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be wiling to pay say $40.- for it. Roughly twice the cost of a LULA (AR-15) or UPLULA (pistol) magazine loader.

Anything more than that and I can live with pulling the spring back with my left hand while plunking in the rounds with my right hand

My use would be reloading the magazine at the range.

Have you seen how much the Mag Loader is for the blackdog mags? I think 120 is too much for a loader, and in my opinion anything over 30 is too much for a luxury, that’s how I see it at least.  I have a UPLULA and  I just got my ultimate clip loader for my  mark III mags and it works pretty good, and for 25 bucks shipped you can’t beat it but the gsg-5 mags are the easiest 22 mags to load that I have ever used, why is a mag loader even necessary?
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I would be in for one!
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#33]
count me interested, cost dependant
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Okay I'm looking at $30-$40 range on this depending on the total production cost.
I'll update this once I get closer to having a production model available.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll also take one as soon as they are available.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I would be in for 2 of them....I have a buddy that I know would want one.

Depending on cost of'course....$30-$40 is do-able.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Okay I'm looking at $30-$40 range on this depending on the total production cost.

okay I am confused.  are YOU gonna make these or is the Ultimate company. or areyou the same?
Link Posted: 12/20/2008 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Cool, you should also look at making your own 40 round magazine that works with your loader!

I am not at all excited about the 40 round mag in the other thread (i.e. no slider)

Link Posted: 12/20/2008 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

okay I am confused.  are YOU gonna make these or is the Ultimate company. or areyou the same?

Not at all affiliated with McFadden.
I've given them ample oppurtunity to get involved in this but they have failed to show any interest at all.
So I am carrying on without them on my own.

I have the initial design done and I'm working on getting a working prototype.
Link Posted: 12/21/2008 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone who chooses to market this kind of product would make alot of money.

I would buy one of these if they got produced.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#42]
i would definitely buy one of these if it works.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a working first prototype here is the video link:
GSG-5 Mag Loader
The video is rather large so it might take some time to load.

I have made some improvements on the design from putting the prototype together
and I will also be including provisions for it to work with the 40 rd magazines.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have a working first prototype here is the video link:
GSG-5 Mag Loader
The video is rather large so it might take some time to load.

I have made some improvements on the design from putting the prototype together
and I will also be including provisions for it to work with the 40 rd magazines.

Opps bad link
Try this
GSG-5 Mag Loader
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Please sign me up for one of these once that these are in production.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Video was great! I don't think you'll have any problem selling all you can produce. If you have a "pre-production" list you're compiling, please add me to it. Thanks and good work!
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Ill take one as well
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Bravo

Where do I sign up
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm in!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm there!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top