Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2005 1:30:34 PM EDT
Anybody in the U.S. besides DSArms making FAL barrels?

& / or

Who's selling 18" Para type Barrels?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know DSA is the only game in town...with the new ATF ruling, I'm sure some others will jump on board also?  But at what cost...who knows?

ETA:  Custom makers excluded
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I was hopeful.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I had seen a thread on FALFILES where a Guy was selling a remington 700 barel that was turned down for use on the FAL...  Does anybody have more info on how difficult this job is?

Remington 700 barrels are all over the place and cheap too!

Hell, I might consider a 260 remington FAL if more people start turning down the surplus Rem 700 barrels as god knows lots of guys buy a brand new Remington 700 and toss the factory barel to build something special...  I know I have done it before...

EDIT:  Here is the link

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=fac9cbb719c2924f47daee9fe52dbaa5&threadid=146058
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]
CIA gets their new barrels from green mountain?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
CIA gets their new barrels from green mountain?

I was wondering, as CIA has stated in an email that my US barrel is one of the compliant parts?  I doubt they bought it from DSA.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Here I thought this was a joke as why would the Central Intelligence Agency need FALs for...

I assume you guys are talking about CAI (Century Arms International)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here I thought this was a joke as why would the Central Intelligence Agency need FALs for...

I assume you guys are talking about CAI (Century Arms International)

DOOO!!!

Let's see it's i before e except... no that's not it... must be i before a except after c???  You know I always had a problem with this.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
It's Century International Arms Inc. on their website and catalogs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Remington 700 barrels will work with some modifications. Need to have the extractor cut out made, the barrel O/D reduced to fit a gas block and gas port drilled. IIRC someone was doing the complete job for $50 or so over to the FF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top