Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2012 4:41:01 AM EDT
Have a very large foot-locker of brass waiting for me at mom's house, but found this medium flat-rate box on my door step full of once fired 30-06 and some .45 thrown in for good measure.  Need to find me one of those SS media tumblers.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:44:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:33:00 AM EDT
[#2]
On a visit back home, months after dad had passed away, mom said that she found a box under the basement stairway.  I investigated the "box" and found a large wooden crate, about three times the size of a standard foot locker full of .45 and 30-06 brass, both large and small primers and stamped:
LC53 and LC63 - Lake City Ammunition Plant, Lake City, MO

RA43 -
   Remington Arms Co., Bridgeport, CT

SL53 and SL54
   - St Louis Ordnance Plant, St Louis, MO.
Initially, I brought a few pounds back on the airplane and mailed a few several many pounds back to FL.  They clean up and shoot real nice.  During a recent phone conversation, mom mentioned that my brother was cleaning out the basement and wanted to sell what was left of the brass for scrap - to which I replied, "oh, Hell no," and explained that I got into hand loading because of that find and the "Sporterized" Remington 03-A3 that dad had shortened, lightened, blued, jewel-turned and hand carved himself and had passed it on to me.  So, last week when I found this box waiting for me on the door step, I thought it was just some more Christmas cookies and zucchini bread.  Surprise!  

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:20:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top