Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/14/2009 5:32:40 PM EST
Found this on the EE and wondered if anyone has used this set-up, seems good but what do I know? Pro's and con's appreciated. I've also been considering the Eagle univ. chest rig but there is a big $ difference between that and the USMC rig.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:44:55 PM EST
I have the 1st gen one where the mags are horizontal across your chest like this

I've not tried the 2nd gen version but FWIW I really do like the vest.

pro's, they're cheap and they're good pieces of gear

con's, what you see is what you get

if you get an ALICE pistol belt you can add some pouches to it to increase your carrying capacity
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:40:46 PM EST
I have a Gen 2 like what your looking at. Not bad but a very standard rig. They won't hold 2 Pmags in each pocket without modification. The flaps are snap and velcro closed. The two upper mag pockets are slightly smaller than the two lower ones. Generic fit, mine bounces around a lot. Not bad if you need cheap, dependable gear - right now. Works well with an Alice pack, not so well with a 3 day assault pack.Kinda limited in what you can do with it. It will integrate with an ICE Battle belt, if you want some MOLLE. I keep mine around for SHTF to give to my brother so he can carry my spare mags .

Skiddy
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:43:14 PM EST
Its a LBV, we got rid of those years ago. Its made to be run with a pistol belt and canteens, its ALICE gear. Not USMC specific.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:00:20 AM EST
good quality stuff
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:09:10 AM EST
I was a marine grunt and had these. I really hated them they tended to die early under hard use. As an NCO I was able to weasle back into the old suspenders and so did the rest of the NCO's.

For me the pockets were never in quite the right place. The seams always busted. And they would get tangled in a huge rats nest.

They just weren't for me I guess.
Top Top