Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2002 3:50:05 PM EDT
Looking to buy/download the targets used by the USMC for rifle quals. Anybody have any idea where I might be able to find them?

Thanks in advance..
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
the PMI in our unit is trying to snatch me a couple. when i get them ill scan them hi-res and make them available free to any board members interested. if i remeber right the originals are about the size of a legal sheet so if you print them at home you may end up cutting off 1 of the 3 targets on the sheet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
the PMI in our unit is trying to snatch me a couple. when i get them ill scan them hi-res and make them available free to any board members interested. if i remeber right the originals are about the size of a legal sheet so if you print them at home you may end up cutting off 1 of the 3 targets on the sheet.

Maybee I am thinking of a different target than you. It couldn't fit on a legal size paper. The targets we shot at with M16A1/M16A2 were 6' tall. They were called the 'A,' 'B Modified,' and the 'D' targets.  All were six feet tall with the width of the 'A' being 4' and the 'B Modified' and 'D' being six feet wide. The 'A' was used for 200 meter slow fire as well as 300 meter slow fire. It had a bullseye of 12". The 'B mod' was for 200 meter and 300 meter rapid fire, and the 'D' was for 500 meter slow fire. I have the exact specs for all USMC Known distance qualification targets if anyone wants to try to make some. I looked briefly but could not find the exact targets online.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

DvlDog
Sounds like you speaking about the M16A2 25 meter zeroing target. If that's what you're referring to you don't need to snatch any. Just email me and I'll email back it to you.

Pthfndr
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:48:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Maybee I am thinking of a different target than you. It couldn't fit on a legal size paper. The targets we shot at with M16A1/M16A2 were 6' tall. They were called the 'A,' 'B Modified,' and the 'D' targets.  All were six feet tall with the width of the 'A' being 4' and the 'B Modified' and 'D' being six feet wide. The 'A' was used for 200 meter slow fire as well as 300 meter slow fire. It had a bullseye of 12". The 'B mod' was for 200 meter and 300 meter rapid fire, and the 'D' was for 500 meter slow fire. I have the exact specs for all USMC Known distance qualification targets if anyone wants to try to make some. I looked briefly but could not find the exact targets online.

Oneshot,

Good to hear from you again. I take it you're up for the next shoot. As to the targets, those are the exact ones I'm looking for (A, B-Mod, and D). Can't seem to find them anywhere..If possible, could you email the specs to me?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oneshot,

Good to hear from you again. I take it you're up for the next shoot. As to the targets, those are the exact ones I'm looking for (A, B-Mod, and D). Can't seem to find them anywhere..If possible, could you email the specs to me?

Whats up ChrisLe. I'll be at the next shoot, hope to see you there. The specs are in my USMC rifle data book, the one you use at the KD course to plot and call your shots. I would really like to go to a range like we had in the service and shoot the KD course again. I haven't seen any ranges around here that has such a setup, how about you? Here are the target specs, I scanned them but my email is down right now so I'll post them here for you: If not clear, I will try emailing them later.                                    
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, I got the dreaded red X. The only place I know of where you can fire the KD course would be Camp Smith. I have not been there in years. If I remember correctly, the only way to shoot there is to be a member of a club that shoots there.
I was planning on taking the B-Mod and 'D' targets and shrinking them down accordingly so that, when placed at the 200 yrd mark, they would simulate the size of the target at 500 yards. That's as close to the KD range we're going to get here on LI.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]
the targets in question show up on ebay once in a while search under ar15 and m16 and you may find some.  I dont remember what they were going for but there are usually some available there.  good luck and see you guys at the next shoot!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, I got the dreaded red X. The only place I know of where you can fire the KD course would be Camp Smith. I have not been there in years. If I remember correctly, the only way to shoot there is to be a member of a club that shoots there.
I was planning on taking the B-Mod and 'D' targets and shrinking them down accordingly so that, when placed at the 200 yrd mark, they would simulate the size of the target at 500 yards. That's as close to the KD range we're going to get here on LI.

Sorry about the red X, I think it's a prob with webshots. My email is still fuc*ed so I'll try something else. Take this link here and copy/paste it, then you will see the pics on the webshots website where you can downlaod and save a copy. I like your idea about the 500 meter similation. The link to C&P:                                             http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v1/8/81/57/43588157WVIPpz_fs.jpg
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:36:01 AM EDT
[#9]
why don't you make them ???????

when at the range i see a different target in the trash can that i lyke, i take it home & make a stencil of it & spray paint it on to cardboard or heavy paper, i also have gone to the "free targets" on the net, printed them, then lay them out in full size on heavy paper or, on cardboard......
i use flat black, white & "DayGlo" red in making my targets.

i currently have 7 different target stencils i use, the "bottle" shaped shiloute target is the easiest to make, & it become more fun when ya paste a printed off the I-net photo of your "favorite" politician.., i am looking for a photo of traitor McCain for my next set of targets.., any one know where i can get a good target photo of Arizonas most hated pol. ???
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Oneshot1kill,
Got it, thanks. I'll see what i can do.

CactusJack,
Tht's what I was planning to do if I couldn't find them, but I needed the specs/measurements for the targets...

Thks Again....
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Oneshot1kill,
Got it, thanks. I'll see what i can do.

CactusJack,
Tht's what I was planning to do if I couldn't find them, but I needed the specs/measurements for the targets...

Thks Again....

===============================================

i'll measure the one i have & post the dimensions, i just took my box cutter knife & cut out a 1/4" slot around the perimeter, leaving about a half inch in between cuts, it makes a great stencil, another one i lyke is the shiloute cut out completely, then laid on heavy paper & spray around the edges, you get a totaly different target perspective wyth a much larger border, i resupply my target stock by visiting the cardboard containers behind the strip malls, it is amazing what one can find when scrounging thru mall dumpsters......
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#12]
The KD course only use the DOG target and the ABEL target.
The DOG i believe is the B modified target that shows the silohuette of a man in the prone,but it also looks like a dog sitting on its haunches.Yes it has the 12" inch circle and at 200 yard slow fire sitting,kneeling and standing a hit inside of the 12" its worth 2 points.after slow fire sitting kneeling and standing that 12" circle does not mean anything its hit or miss.

The next target is the ABLE target is the 500 meter slow fire Prone target and is the A modified i do believe.

I think the Marines have went to the two target system to simplify things.I dont have any of my data books handy but we only use two targets now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
P.S the army BZO's there M16a2's at 25 meters the Marines BZO at 36 meters,except if they are zeroing the Pac4 then they use the 25 meter Army system.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Try nationaltarget.com.  They have NRA all the highpower competition targets, and very good pricing at that.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top