Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 8:58:05 AM EDT
I am looking to purchase a USC .45 and was wondering what the current owners think of them.  I currently only own AR's, including 1 in 9mm.  I want a carbine in .45 and thought I would look into the USC.  I see there are all sort of mods like folding stocks and lower kits to accept grease gun mags.  Any stories, opinions, or PICS you'd share?  

thanks.........
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I love mine.
Very accurate pretty much regardless of what type ammo.
Mine is still all original and I don't plan on modifying it.
I like it how it is only bad thing is the 10rnd mags. Usually an attention getter at the range.
Really fun little carbine. Can be a pain to clean real good if you shoot it a lot.
Lots of little places that are hard to get to especially if you try to be meticulous in your cleaning.
Friend of mine has one (DNADuster) that has the folding stock, grease gun mag mod and has been dyed black. Didn't effect the accuracy at all. Really slick looking too.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought one about a month ago. It is a lot of fun to shoot, and is very accurate.
The USC I bought was used, with the Grease Gun lower. I like the GG lower because I can use 30 round mags...and the M3 GG mags have not jammed yet.

Wulf50guy is right about the cleaning. I wish the USC would break down like a normal HK 9X stlye or even like the UMP.

But if you are looking to buy one, get one while you can. HK does not make the USC any more and they have gone up in price now they are not in production.

I will try and post a picture of mine tonight.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, as I look on the net for more info on these carbines, I need to nkow if any other mags fit the standard, unmodified model other than the 10 rounders from the factory.  Do UMP mags fit without mods?  i see there are grease gun mods as well - are these just as reliable as the UMP conversions?  ANyone know of <cough> another baord where there is more HK discussion?

thanks again.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I enjoy mine too.  I have not yet converted it to a USC/UMP, but plan to in the next few months.
If you can pick up a good condition used one for $1000-ish you are doing pretty good.

The first H&K rifle I fell in love with was the UMP45 when I first saw it a half a dozen years ago.

Dare I say this on a H&K forum?.....If you plan to leave it stock, also look into the Beretta Storm.
Not bad for half the cost.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, as I look on the net for more info on these carbines, I need to nkow if any other mags fit the standard, unmodified model other than the 10 rounders from the factory.  Do UMP mags fit without mods?  i see there are grease gun mods as well - are these just as reliable as the UMP conversions?  ANyone know of <cough> another baord where there is more HK discussion?

thanks again.....

Look at www.hkpro.com  there is a few posts right now on HK USC/UMP conversions.

Look into Tactical Excellence for info on the Hk USC/UMP

http://www.tacticalexcellence.com

And for mods or parts look at this site.

http://www.top-notchparts.com/USC-UMPparts.htm  

Chris
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think the ump mags will fit the standard usc lower without mods.
But I really haven't heard that for sure. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with that answer.
I think the ump's are double stack maybe ???
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I lack the ability to leave ANYTHING stock, so I am certain I would go with some form of the UMP type conversions....

Thanks for the links, hkpro.com is especially helpful.

Now to locate a umc for sale near me......
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#8]
You cannot fit UMP mags in the USC...  If you could then you would have to worry about the whole imported, more than 10 rounds in the gun rules...  

I really like my USC - completely stock besides a couple polymer HK rails and an EoTech on it.  It is a lot of fun and is pretty different from anything else I have.  The recoil pulse is different in that you can really feel the heavy bolt riding forward.  

If you want to get into the hi-cap game there are a couple options...  HK UMP lower conversions or the Grease Gun conversion.  From what I've seen, the GG conversion is easier and cheaper with parts and mags easier to find.  The UMP parts are sometimes hard to find and expensive - compare an HK original UMP mag with GG mags and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Tactical Excellence and Top Notch.  The TE versions are nice from all accounts I've heard but are pretty much limited to SBR versions at this time (SBR= no US parts, their non-SBR version is having wear issues with US built parts - this will be fixed pretty soon from all the correspondence I've had with them).  I haven't heard anything bad from the TN conversions either - anyone have experience with them yet?

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I purchased my USC from Homeland Defense and Police Supply (www.hdps.org) new-in-box but converted to the Grease Gun conversion.  I shot hundreds and hundreds of rounds through the gun in the grease gun conversion and didn't have a single problem.  Once my SBR was approved I installed an HK UMP barrel into it and sent the lower off to TE to be converted to a UMP clone.  

The gun is awesome and is probably my favorite gun.  It looks unique and always elicts questions when I take it out shooting.  When I want to offend my anti-gun mother-in-law I like to leave it out in plain sight when she comes to visit, it looks so military and evil, no civilian should be allowed to own it! :)
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I will have to sell off an AR to purchase a USC.  I have someone offering an even swap for a used USC with 2 mags for my Colt 6450 (preban) with 6 factory mags.  I need to look around and see what these things are going for.  I see an ad in Gun List where someone has a NIB USC for 1250.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's my USC:

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#12]
That's friggin' SWEET!!!

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That's friggin' SWEET!!!

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top