Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/19/2005 1:47:02 PM EDT
I'm looking to get one of these uppers and have a few questions before I actually Give up my money.

Can it eject a live cartridge, with match ammo? What kinda accuracy can I expect? The other 50s I have fired are a State Arms Shorty and a M82A1, both of which are fairly heavy, is the light weight of the UL50 a serious detriment? I'll be shooting less than 300 yards typicaly, should I opt for the 22, 24, or 29"barrel? How well do the lowers hold up? Should I just get a dedicated lower?

Sorry for all of the questions, I searched and found no matches so I appologize if this has been hashed over before :)

Andy

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:44:09 AM EDT
The bolt action on the UL50 can take a live cartridge & eject it. The weight of the UL50 with lower is approx. 12 to 18 lbs with scope, bi-pod or other accessories. The recoil will be similar to shooting 12 guage 3.5" magnums. The muzzle blast is more pronounced, wear ear protection. I have a Bushmaster lower (dedicated). They should hold up to several 100 rounds of 50 shooting but check after your through @ the range for any wear or unusual vibrations.
I'm selling a NEW - UL50 rifle (upper 22" barrel & Bushamster lower) for $1800. I'm purchasing several smaller rifles & pistols & will not be shooting the 50BMG. It has a BSA 3.5X10X42 scope 30MM tube with HD rings. Comes with bi-pod. ready to shoot. Have to send to FFL in your state. Will take MO, certified funds. Personnal check has to clear bank prior to shipment. Reply if interested. Thanks! Have 2 pics of rifle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:17:44 AM EDT
if you want to gun the recoil a tad, fill you ar but stock with lead shot..
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:52:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 5:04:04 AM EDT by caver101]
I have a 24" UL50 with the DPMS single shot lower on a ACE stock and it kicks pretty good about like a 12ga shotgun with 3.5" slugs. I have been using a Leupold VXIII 6.5-20x50. I have put probably ~40 rounds though mine (I will have to count the brass). With the first lowe I used a DPMS standard AR15 lower with no problems, then I bought the single shot lower from DPMS and it has work liek a charm with no problems. The single shot lower really cleans up the lines of the gun and makes it look GOOD.

Accuracy: mine is a 1MOA gun with decent loads.

I am going to sell mine as well (without the scope and rings). I have not posted it yet, but will be cheaper than the one above. The private range where I shoot mine no longer will allow 50's and I have nowhere else to shoot it over 100 yds. Let me know if you want it.

These are old photos, it now has a DPMS single shot lower and looks just like the one on the UL50 website.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:28:40 PM EDT
Would a better muzzle brake help the recoil problem? Email me your price and any other particulars,Caver101. chooper@sw.rr.com
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:04:18 PM EDT
the brake design was recently changed... it now resembles the more efficient Serbu 'shark' brake:
Something like this pic. Maybe Marcos (ultralite50.com) will offer an upgrade price to change it out....

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:05:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Clint50:
Would a better muzzle brake help the recoil problem? Email me your price and any other particulars,Caver101. chooper@sw.rr.com

sending email....
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top