Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 1:47:02 PM EDT
I'm looking to get one of these uppers and have a few questions before I actually Give up my money.

Can it eject a live cartridge, with match ammo?  What kinda accuracy can I expect? The other 50s I have fired are a State Arms Shorty and a M82A1, both of which are fairly heavy, is the light weight of the UL50 a serious detriment?  I'll be shooting less than 300 yards typicaly, should I opt for the 22, 24, or 29"barrel?  How well do the lowers hold up? Should I just get a dedicated lower?

Sorry for all of the questions, I searched and found no matches so I appologize if this has been hashed over before :)

Andy

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:44:09 AM EDT
[#1]
The bolt action on the UL50 can take a live cartridge & eject it. The weight of the UL50 with lower is approx. 12 to 18 lbs with scope, bi-pod or other accessories. The recoil will be similar to shooting 12 guage 3.5" magnums. The muzzle blast is more pronounced, wear ear protection. I have a Bushmaster lower (dedicated). They should hold up to several 100 rounds of 50 shooting but check after your through @ the range for any wear or unusual vibrations.
I'm selling a NEW - UL50 rifle (upper 22" barrel & Bushamster lower) for $1800. I'm purchasing several smaller rifles & pistols & will not be shooting the 50BMG. It has a BSA 3.5X10X42 scope 30MM tube with HD rings. Comes with bi-pod. ready to shoot. Have to send to FFL in your state. Will take MO, certified funds. Personnal check has to clear bank prior to shipment. Reply if interested. Thanks! Have 2 pics of rifle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#2]
if you want to gun the recoil a tad, fill you ar but stock with lead shot..
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:52:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 24" UL50 with the DPMS single shot lower on a ACE stock and it kicks pretty good about like a 12ga shotgun with 3.5" slugs. I have been using a Leupold VXIII 6.5-20x50. I have put probably ~40 rounds though mine (I will have to count the brass). With the first lowe I used a DPMS standard AR15 lower with no problems, then I bought the single shot lower from DPMS and it has work liek a charm with no problems. The single shot lower really cleans up the lines of the gun and makes it look GOOD.

Accuracy: mine is a 1MOA gun with decent loads.

I am going to sell mine as well (without the scope and rings). I have not posted it yet, but will be cheaper than the one above. The private range where I shoot mine no longer will allow 50's and I have nowhere else to shoot it over 100 yds. Let me know if you want it.

These are old photos, it now has a DPMS single shot lower and looks just like the one on the UL50 website.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Would a better muzzle brake help the recoil problem? Email me your price and any other particulars,Caver101.  [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
the brake design was recently changed...  it now resembles the more efficient Serbu 'shark' brake:
Something like this pic.  Maybe Marcos (ultralite50.com) will offer an upgrade price to change it out....

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Would a better muzzle brake help the recoil problem? Email me your price and any other particulars,Caver101.  [email protected]

sending email....
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top