Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2002 10:41:45 AM EDT
Well, first the joke (its true). One of my old teachers knew a kid whose name was Ho (the last name of course). One day the kid told him that he would name his daughter Brook Lynn. Get it? get it? he
Anyway here are some ugleeeeeee guns! Really ugleeeeee. I enjoy dragging the 'e' out.

First:

Smith and Wesson 1917 (what the hell is this? A century old POS?) Who in their rigth mind woiuld buy this let alone shoot one?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/images/performance/1917_large.jpg

Second: SW Model 627 Comp hunter

Ugleeeee. look at that ugleee barrel and the uglee grip!!!!

http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/images/performance/M629PCfullsz.jpg

Third: SW Heriateg Sereis Model 25-11

WHo creates these ugleee old POS retro guns? theya re so outdated! They probably get 45 inch groups at 5 yards.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/images/performance/m25_11.jpg

You cna see more uglee guns here:

www.smith-wesson.com/sport/pc_firearms.html

Doggonit
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, regarding that M1917 Smith & Wesson POS, just saw my co-worker succesfully hitting a rock, roughly 1 and a half feet wide, from 100 yards off hand with his S&W.

Told him that the first shot was about two feet short but otherwise a good shot, the second nailed it right in the center of the rock.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The joke is funny, but your tastes in what is ugly or not is somewhat warped!  They aren't the prettiest, but by no means are they ugly.  

A classic is a classic and the second gun is purpose built, so who cares what it looks like.  The grips are pretty cool also!

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, regarding that M1917 Smith & Wesson POS, just saw my co-worker succesfully hitting a rock, roughly 1 and a half feet wide, from 100 yards off hand with his S&W.

Told him that the first shot was about two feet short but otherwise a good shot, the second nailed it right in the center of the rock.

What kind of rock was it?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought the 1917 was kinda cool.  Makes me think of Al Capone and Elliot Ness.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of rock was it?

Daily bag limit of two.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]
They all look pretty sexy to me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Smith and Wesson 1917 (what the hell is this? A century old POS?) Who in their rigth mind woiuld buy this let alone shoot one?

Not a big Indiana Jones fan, I take it??
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
That "Ugleee" grip looks like a Hogue, except it has a screw in the side.  I guess S&W is trying to copy Hogue's designs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice ho's..... I mean guns.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#10]
this one isnt ugleeeee. this one is sexyyyyyy.

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
It happened last Saturday as we were finishing the yearly MG shoot that our dealership arranges.

Well, if Marko would not have nailed the rock with the S&W as [insert Jimbo voice]ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US the 30 odd select fire weapons probably would have...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Doggonit, I think if you went to the range and someone let you shoot their S&W 1917 you would say "Wow, this thing sure is ugly, but it shoots so nice! Then you would try to buy it from them. I don't have one anymore, but used to. And have had many other S&W's over the years. Aside from the grips and sights, what's the difference from the S&W they make today? They aren't much different from the ones made now. I used to have a Model 23. That was the best revolver I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#13]
 I own an old SnW Victory model in 38 spl  .
It is in descent shape and actually shoots well.
I had it out the other day admiring it .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top