Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2016 1:26:39 PM EDT
I have a set of 8.75x11.75 espi plates to go with it, problem is the website. Their website states:

Small: 9.75"x12” Plate Pocket
Medium: 10.5"x12.75” Plate Pocket
Large: 11.25"x13.5” Plate Pocket
XLarge: 11.75"x14.65” Plate Pocket

The person i spoke with at TYR says i need a medium for him since the plates i have will not fit a small. Seems to me the plates i have for him are a perfect fit for the small carrier. Conflicting info? Anyone have this carrier and know what size to get? Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What brand plates do you have.    Are they true ESAPI cut?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe he misunderstood you. I have the same sized plates as you and they fit perfectly in the small sized PC.

Here's a pic of the labels on my plate and Pico. The plates are SAPI cut.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]
they are the closeout sets that TYR sells periodically.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Those are the same plates i purchased as well. I was assuming based on their website that the small plate carrier was the right choice but when i called them they told me i needed the medium carrier since the plates would not fit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I assume your plates are ceramic, right? Steel plates would fit loosely because the plate pockets have about an inch of depth built in.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#6]
They are the ceramic plates
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I just saw you post. I would go with the small PC. If you're uncomfortable dropping the cash right away, call and ask to talk to someone else— or at least ask for clarification.

BTW there are different versions of the Pico. Maybe they were looking at one of the other versions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top