Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 7:50:36 PM EDT
I got a Turk Mauser a bit ago and took it to the range. Tried to put a few rounds through it and it wont fire. There were dimples on the primer. I took it to a local gunsmith, and there was still alot of cosmoline that I had missed in the action. After cleaning it he test fired it and still nothing. Same dimples on the rounds. Both kinds of ammo are Milsurp, might be 2 bad batchs of ammo, Im going to try to find some commercial stuff. You guys got any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
measure the firing pin, make sure it's the proper length.

also, did you take the bolt apart and clean it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Also,
Try to get a new firing pin spring.  That's the most common problem with the Turks (in addition to being full of cosmo).  They just get weak after being in storage for 50 years or so.

Rich
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
whatever you do dont take it to a smith to dick with it for a while, and give you back a non working gun and a 20$ bill

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top