Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/22/2012 5:45:34 PM EST
Among others, I have a gemtech multimount that I should have in a couple days. I also have a beretta 92 that I want to use it on. I was going to buy a 92 threaded barrel from gemtech tomorrow during the BF sale, but I am having a hard time being ok with the shorter threads. I noticed AAC allows the shorter threads for the 92 as well.

Is it really ok to only have .330" of threads to attach the suppressor. Where I am coming from is, is it worth it to spend the extra cash and get an extended and threaded barrel over going with the barrel I can get from gemtech? We're talking an extra $100 or so for a new extended threaded barrel over the gemtech threaded barrel so it's not the end of the world to do it right.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:58:24 AM EST
Its absolutely ok to run with the .330 inch long threads. Ive shot a bazillion rounds of 9 out of my multimount with a gemtech beretta barrel. No problem.

Dont think that .330 threads are not "right". When you see how much actual thread engagement you have, you wont even consider this issue again.

BTW, .070 is only two threads on a 1/2-28 barrel. Nominal length for most 9mm threads is .400.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:47:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By TurkeyLeg:
Its absolutely ok to run with the .330 inch long threads. Ive shot a bazillion rounds of 9 out of my multimount with a gemtech beretta barrel. No problem.

Dont think that .330 threads are not "right". When you see how much actual thread engagement you have, you wont even consider this issue again.

BTW, .070 is only two threads on a 1/2-28 barrel. Nominal length for most 9mm threads is .400.

Thanks. I just don't like to cut corners when it comes to things. I ordered the gemtech Beretta 92 barrel so if there is a problem I am sure they would take care of it.
Top Top