Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 3:04:04 PM EDT
I'm trying to decide what to suppress first.  On one hand, I would like to get a nice suppressor for my Rem. LTR (.308). Also, if anyone ever comes up with a way to attach it to a socom, that would be great. On the other hand, I could get a good one for my AR that could be used on the XCR, not to mention whatever other upper I come up with.  

Anyway, I'm in DFW and looking to get one or the other in the next coming weeks and input from those that have had either is appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a .30cal thread on can.  You can use it on the AR as well with a reducer bushing that will allow you to set it on 1/2-28 threads.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I recommend anyone's first suppressor to be one for a .22 as they ARE the most impressive "No BANG" for the buck. If you are set on getting something for the .223 or .30 cal, I agree that you should get one for the .30 cal. Generally these cans have a greater volume as those for the .223. They can be used and in most cases are slightly quieter for the .223s because they have a larger volume, however can design IS a factor. The .30 cal cans are usually longer and heavier so that might also be a factor as well for you. If you get a .30 cal can you will need to purchase an adapter to put it on your .223.

I vote .22LR can.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top