Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/28/2014 8:06:20 PM EDT
Alright folks I jumped the gun due to a great price on my trust, what do I do next to get a suppressor in the trust???
Do I purchase the item online then do paperwork and wait?
Or do I do paperwork and purchase after approved?
I know this has been talked about but can't find it ...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:09:08 PM EDT
You buy either locally or online and so the paper work. Look around at all the NFA forums here, there is a lot of good info.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:12:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/28/2014 8:13:56 PM EDT by grn_zx6r]
Originally Posted By SoloTriggerman:
Alright folks I jumped the gun due to a great price on my trust, what do I do next to get a suppressor in the trust???
Do I purchase the item online then do paperwork and wait?
Or do I do paperwork and purchase after approved?
I know this has been talked about but can't find it ...
View Quote

Purchase the item online (or in a local store if you can find what you want), you'll submit a copy of your trust with the form 4. I send my trust, certification of trust and schedule A (you can just put sum of $10 on your schedule A if you want, I choose to setup a checking account in my trust name and use that as #1 on my schedule A.) Attach a check to the ATF for $200 with your form 4 and copy of the trust. Then forget about it lol you can setup an e-forms account and do an SBR/SBS or Form 1 suppressor while you want for your form 4 to come back (form 1's have been about 30 days vs 4-5 months for form 4). Enjoy and welcome to the club
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:14:57 PM EDT
If you buy it in-state, whether online or in person, you fill out a Form 4 with your trust (not you) as the applicant and send a copy of the trust with your form and $200 check/MO to the ATF.

If you buy it out-of-state, it takes a Form 3 (no tax stamp) transfer to a dealer in your state. Your in-state dealer will most likely charge you a transfer fee in the $50-$150 range, plus the additional wait time. Once the F3 is approved, you're back to an in-state purchase on an F4.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:40:46 PM EDT
Thanks for the quick answers everyone!
Top Top