Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 5:44:05 PM EDT
When filling out a trust do you need to enter the trustees SSN in the application?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no application for a trust here in Florida, so no.  If by application you mean form 1 or 4 then the answer is still no.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
In order for me to get a class 3 item I need a trust, Corp, or LEO sign off.  The trust needs to be filled out...so my questions is what do they ask for.  Does the trust require a SSN for the trustee.

I am talking about the actual trust paper work that is filled out
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
no
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... but when you take delivery of an NFA item on behalf of your trust, you are still going to have to fill out a 4473.

Which also does not require a SSN.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In order for me to get a class 3 item I need a trust, Corp, or LEO sign off.  The trust needs to be filled out...so my questions is what do they ask for.  Does the trust require a SSN for the trustee.

Do you not have a social security number?

FWIW, I don't use a trust so I can't say if a trust requires one ... but when you take delivery of an NFA item on behalf of your trust, you are still going to have to fill out a 4473.

I do not think that I ever typed that I did not have a SSN. All I asked was if I needed the SSN of the trustee.  The question has already been answered so thanks to all.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Incorporate yourself, only the accountant will have your data. If you are close to Cypress Creek, see Vito at Only the Best firearms, he will do it for you, one step done.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 1:49:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you not have a social security number?

FWIW, I don't use a trust so I can't say if a trust requires one ... but when you take delivery of an NFA item on behalf of your trust, you are still going to have to fill out a 4473.[://

I do not think that I ever typed that I did not have a SSN. All I asked was if I needed the SSN of the trustee.  The question has already been answered so thanks to all.

My apologies, I was not accusing you of not having an SSN. But the question stuck me as somewhat ... well ... illogical.

Maybe it's because I am so used to reciting my DOB, address, phone number and SSN when I acquire firearms that such a question just brings me to a halt. Yeah, I know it's unconstitutional, I should bitch and moan in protest, but by now I'm acclimated to such intrusions. Particularly when it comes to acquisition of Title 2 items.

So: What does it matter?[://

For me it really does not matter.  I do have a SSN and I put it on all my forms that require me to purchase a firearm.  The person who will be taking control of the trust if something should happen to me is hesitant to have their SSN on any paper work.  If a SSN was required then I would have to choose someone else that would not mind having their SSN on a form.  The good news is that now I know that a SSN is not required from the trustee and I can proceed with my new toys.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top