Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/29/2009 2:24:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 3:34:19 PM EDT by tbd1966]
I am trying to acquire my first Class III weapon. Specifically an SBR. I already own an AR and wish to buy a short barreled upper. I have been told you can set things up in a trust of some kind but I do not know what the trust is called or who can legally set it up for me. I have been told that this trust can be set up with multiple names attached to it so that ownership can transfer easily to a family member in the event of my death. Is this true?

What forms do I need to register my lower?

I appreciate any help you can provide. I searched the forum for SBR and ATF forms for SBR and Class III and nothing would turn up but I am sure there are posts explaining these issues.

Also, there is a member of the family that will be a part of this trust if it is formed and he has Class III weapons already registered. What will it take to bring them into the trust? Will they have to be restamped? in other words will it cost another 200.00 per weapon?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:41:19 PM EDT
Go to the general Class 3 forum here in the Armory, and at the top there are a few tacked threads that will likely answer all of your questions.

Here's a link to make it super easy.

I was in the same position you are in, and reading all of those threads helped answer all of my questions. Hope that helps.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 1:45:43 AM EDT
Thanks Mike
Top Top