Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2011 3:22:05 AM EDT
I'm looking to pic up a Gen 1 or Gen 2 ECWCS set up and there is a HUGE difference in price between these two products.  This gear would be for the non-high speed low drag operator.  I would love to hear your experiances with either product.  The Propper product is about double the price of the Tru-Spec.  

Thanks in advance...

Gary

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The difference is cost is mainly because Propper uses Gore-Tex fabric as opposed to Tru-Spec using H20.

Also, Propper will be making the Gen IIs only at their U.S. factories. (The imported versions of the Gen II and the APECS made at Propper plants in the D.R. have been discontinued.) I believe the Tru-Spec H20 is made in Asia so that means cheaper labor.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#2]
uniformguy,

Thanks for the info.  Regarding the quality of the material, is Goretex vastly superior to H20?

Thanks,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
A comparison was made on this thread.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent!  Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top