Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 5:56:17 PM EDT
Anyone have one yet?  What's the scoop?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I asked the same question recently.  Troy was nice enough to answer my e-mail.

Thank you for the interest in our product line.  The CBR Stock rail assembly retails for $795.00.  However, the stock with not be ready to ship until Jan - Feb 06. We are currently taking back orders on them and you can get them in Flat Dark Earth and Black.   Back orders can be placed by calling 413-243-9315 ext 10.

Please Visit our Web Site for New products and updates at www.TroyInd.com .  

Best Regards,
Brett

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
$800 for a stock ?? I checked the Troy site,and no pics.I would never spend that much on a stock,but I am curious as to what it looks like.

Pics anyone ? (Of the $800 stock)
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:27:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks,I am glad it is more than just a stock.$800 is crazy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]
i look at it like this. a good scope MOUNT is almost 200.  then add a glass bedded wood stock (not done yourself) and where are you at?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks,I am glad it is more than just a stock.$800 is crazy.

Perhaps at first glance...but

Ever priced a good M1A scope mount?

Ever priced having the stock modified to accomodate a collapsing stock?

Ever priced a bedding job?

All the tactical rail nonsense aside, one important feature of this stock is that it allows the use of AR15 style optics on a rifle that is notoriously difficult to scope well.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#7]
No,you misunderstood my last post.I think $800 is crazy for just a stock.I didn't know it was a complete sytem which makes more sense for that price.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No,you misunderstood my last post.I think $800 is crazy for just a stock.I didn't know it was a complete sytem which makes more sense for that price.

IMHO, it's no more and no less of a complete system than the SAGE system that is priced under $700.00.

I do hope the Troy stock makes it into production this time...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ahhh...Yes, $800 would be obscene for just a stock.  

IMHO, it's no more and no less of a complete system than the SAGE system that is priced under $700.00

Yes, and the base SAGE system is right at $500.  After I bought my first, I realized I really didn't want all the accessories.

I'm wanting a second stock system for my Scout, and am struggling between the Troy and another SAGE.  The ability to use AR15 optics AND have them be colinear with the iron sights (something the SAGE just can't do) is attractive, but I don't know if it's worth the extra $300.  Decisions, decisions...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Whoa, that one sweet stock!

Looks heavy, does any one have the installed weight of this stock compared to the standard wood stock?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Great looking stock for a specific purpose rifle - price is reasonable for what you are getting in a CQB ready rifle. However I think I will stick to my AR for CQB duty. The stock weight is definately an increase over M14 wood stock as I noticed on my 20" RR quadrail. The real weight gain is in all the gear you can pack on rifle. Light, laser, vert. grip. sight package and kitchen sink add up. However when you need the kitchen sink it is very nice to have it with you.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
...price is reasonable for what you are getting in a CQB ready rifle.

As much as I like this stock, I think the price is going to kill it for me.  When you consider that the stock renders the original M1A sights useless, you'll need to add another $150-$200 worth of flip rail sights to have the "iron option".

I also have my reservations about the internal tensioning system used to tweak accuracy.  If you can tweak the rifle accurate, you can tweak it inaccurate as well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#13]
What are the advantages to the SOPMOD II compared to the original SOPMOD stock by Troy Ind?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not usually crazy about M1a aftermarket stocks like this (I love the lines of the original stocks)... This is sharp.

If I had 800 bones I'd try to get one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#15]
While this stock looks very interesting. I do not care for the gap between the trigger guard/pistol grip. With a little more modification I think I would buy one. And yes, I realize why it is like that but with the price and the work that it took to design it I think Troy could have come up with a little bit better design.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
While this stock looks very interesting. I do not care for the gap between the trigger guard/pistol grip. With a little more modification I think I would buy one. And yes, I realize why it is like that but with the price and the work that it took to design it I think Troy could have come up with a little bit better design.  

Design a "wigit" that fits in there, market it to the masses (and the .mil if they buy) and you will be a bazillionaire!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What are the advantages to the SOPMOD II compared to the original SOPMOD stock by Troy Ind?

The original Troy SOPMOD M14 was a conversion, not just a stock swap...  It inculded a new Mike Rock barrel, they moved the gas system from below the barrel to slightly offest to the right and had a stock much like the Sage stock.

Spooky
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:59:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Anyone have one yet?  What's the scoop?

I'm afraid this one will never make it to store shelves... just like the last one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top