Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 3:16:52 PM EST
Looking for another semi auto for clays. Anybody have any experience with either?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 6:01:59 PM EST
Neither.

Beretta makes the best gas operated semi auto shotguns for clays. Buy once, cry once.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:45:33 PM EST
Not what i was asking but thanks for your input. This will be used till i can save up for a Super Vinci.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:08:58 PM EST
I didn't mean to come across as a fanboy or a smartass. I offer that suggestion based on my experience as an instructor and also as an ongoing volunteer worker at charity shoots.

The Turkish made semi autos always (and I mean always) cause problems for their owners. Fail to feed, fail to extract, stove pipes, action frozen closed, you name it. By waiting, saving up and spending a couple hundred dollars more for even an entry level Beretta A300, you will be far happier.

If you want to start out shooting on a budget, get a decent pump. It will serve you better than any inexpensive Turkish semi auto.

Best of luck.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:11:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/19/2016 5:14:50 PM EST by fishinnut1986]
I recently picked up a Stoeger M3000, 28" in realtree max5 camo. I own a couple nice autos 'Beretta & Franchi' but was impressed with with the Stoeger for $560 OTD. I've put 350 rds through it so far shooting trap in the back yard and it has been perfect, if you buy a Turkish gun just remember to clean and oil it before shooting it. They come loaded down with preservation oil.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:14:15 PM EST
I can't speak for either of those specific models. My son has a Tri-Star o/u - it's been a great gun - except when he needed it to run flawlessly at a sporting clays tournament and it broke a firing pin....still under warranty, but that day was a bust for sure. That said, I've got a H&R/New England Turkish made auto, and I've shot thousands of shells through it - and I haven't had any issues with it. I shoot it, I clean it. Repeat. I wish I'd have bought a pair of them at the price I paid for the 1st.
Top Top