Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 5:11:51 PM EDT
I'd like to replace the trigger on my Bushmaster lower.  I may get a target-style upper for it, but I don't want to in any way compromise the reliability or ruggedness of the lower.  I will be keeping the lower and regular upper as my SHTF rifle.  I just want a smooth, crisp single-stage trigger.

So just what is a "National Match" trigger for the AR?  I've seen them advertised, but I've never seen one or tried it.  Is it as reliable as the original?  Is it a good trigger?

If I choose to go this route, is there a way to get the necessary replacement parts without getting a whole lower kit?  What parts make it "Match"?

Is this a stupid question, and should I just go for an aftermarket trigger?
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the "match" trigger/hammers recommend they not be used for LE or combat use, so if you only have one lower you might not want to replace it. I have an adjustable, single stage, JP speed hammer/trigger setup in a Colt using the mil spec springs and it works quite well, very smooth and crisp. Has reliably fired in excess of 5000 rounds. I just recently put their 4.5lb spring set on a lower with the mil spec hammer/trigger. Have about 500 rounds on that with no malfunctions and it actually feels pretty good.

I use Jewel triggers in my High Power competition rifles but I would definitely NOT recommend one for your only lower if it's your SHTF or defense rifle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a RRA two stage from John at White Oak Precision.  A lot cheaper than a Jewel, and you don't have to worry about set screws coming loose, so it would work fine for defensive use, although you may not want a 4.5lb pull for defense.  I have quite a few rounds through my tuned RRA and it is awesome!  Definately worth the money for a match trigger.
"If I choose to go this route, is there a way to get the necessary replacement parts without getting a whole lower kit?"
-Yes, all you recieve is the trigger itself and the hammer, with two pins and springs.  That's with the RRA trigger anyway.
If you do a search for 'trigger' you will find LOADs of info.
-Marksman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top