Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/29/2002 4:11:51 PM EST
I'd like to replace the trigger on my Bushmaster lower. I may get a target-style upper for it, but I don't want to in any way compromise the reliability or ruggedness of the lower. I will be keeping the lower and regular upper as my SHTF rifle. I just want a smooth, crisp single-stage trigger.

So just what is a "National Match" trigger for the AR? I've seen them advertised, but I've never seen one or tried it. Is it as reliable as the original? Is it a good trigger?

If I choose to go this route, is there a way to get the necessary replacement parts without getting a whole lower kit? What parts make it "Match"?

Is this a stupid question, and should I just go for an aftermarket trigger?
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:47:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/29/2002 5:50:22 PM EST by Pthfndr]
Most of the "match" trigger/hammers recommend they not be used for LE or combat use, so if you only have one lower you might not want to replace it. I have an adjustable, single stage, JP speed hammer/trigger setup in a Colt using the mil spec springs and it works quite well, very smooth and crisp. Has reliably fired in excess of 5000 rounds. I just recently put their 4.5lb spring set on a lower with the mil spec hammer/trigger. Have about 500 rounds on that with no malfunctions and it actually feels pretty good.

I use Jewel triggers in my High Power competition rifles but I would definitely NOT recommend one for your only lower if it's your SHTF or defense rifle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:55:33 PM EST
Get a RRA two stage from John at White Oak Precision. A lot cheaper than a Jewel, and you don't have to worry about set screws coming loose, so it would work fine for defensive use, although you may not want a 4.5lb pull for defense. I have quite a few rounds through my tuned RRA and it is awesome! Definately worth the money for a match trigger.
"If I choose to go this route, is there a way to get the necessary replacement parts without getting a whole lower kit?"
-Yes, all you recieve is the trigger itself and the hammer, with two pins and springs. That's with the RRA trigger anyway.
If you do a search for 'trigger' you will find LOADs of info.
-Marksman
Top Top