Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2003 8:45:35 PM EDT
Yesterday I went to shoot my M1A.  All my other rifles (bolt gun, carbine, precision AR) have nice triggers on them, but this standard grade SA M1A sucks.  With Portuguese ammo, I could get two shots touching each other at 100, and then the third shot is two or three inches off.

I guess I'm asking if a NM trigger from Fulton Armory would do the trick or not.

Thanks for the replies,

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
A NM trigger mod by Fulton Armory and NM sights should help quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Bench shoot it with match ammo before spending money on a fancy trigger job.  I've got a USGI M14 trigger group on mine and it's very nice.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a USGI trigger group from CMPO and sent it to Fulton Armory. Throw the Springfield Inc trigger group in the spare parts bin.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:29:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Both my M1 Tanker and my old M1A have USGI triggers tuned by these fellows www.smithenterprise.com/startpage.htm and they are both excellent 2-stage triggers that break like glass at about 4 lbs.

Absolutely nothing wrong w/ a USGI trigger group IMO.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  I'll be giving Fulton or Smith some business.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#6]
You might ask around your club or find an exp M1a Highpoer shooter who knows how to do a good trigger job, No offense to fulton but before I got into doing alot of M1/M1a work I had them do a Trigger job and what they did took about 2 seconds on a belt sander ....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a suggestion, but buy a couple of trigger groups from the CMP (about $35 each). It's the best price around, they're all G.I., it's a source of replacement parts later, and you can send out the worst one for a tune-up. The best one could be just what you want and you won't have to send anything out. You can only buy two a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top