Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:15:11 AM EST
I am about to transfer my first C&R weapon. I know I cannot "be a dealer". I am not even making money on the sale- I am just breaking even. Here is my question, other than annotate it in my bound book, what other froms do I have to fill out? Are there any other requirements like a NICS check? I have a C&R and Iwill be transferring a Russian 91/30 Mosin Nagant to someone that does not have a C&R. I know he has tocome to my residence to get it. Anything else?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:41:13 PM EST
Just get their name, addy, and Drivers license number. No forms to fill out.. If you ever transfer a handgun, you are required to supply them with a copy of the "Child handgun saftey act" phamplet..

Your local and state laws may vary, of course..
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:50:47 AM EST
As long as he is a resident of your state, he does not have to come to your residence to get the firearm. That would be true only if he were a resident of another state.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:08:32 AM EST
Thanx for the help guys.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:45:54 PM EST
Sales between private individuals in my state are OK so all I did was get the buyers name and address for my book.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:01:34 PM EST
You don't have to worry about whether or not you make a profit- it's OK to come out ahead.
The C&RFFL does not prohibit you from selling or trading. You just can't make it a business.
If you ever run across one of the 5-fer deals it's OK to keep the best and sell the rest- as they do not enhance your collection. Many sell the rest for enough that the one they keep is free.
Of course, I hate to ever sell any weapon. But that's just me!
Top Top