Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 10:34:50 AM EDT
We are a licensed FFL/SOT.  I am helping facilitate the transfer of a machine gun currently on a Form 4 in another state to me for a customer and I decided to use the new Silencer Shop Form 4 barcode generator.  Pretty slick online tool and hopefully the barcodes do indeed speed things up.

Our FFL/SOT is licensed under our LLC and as such we note on our NFA forms that as the transferee, we are a "TRUST or LEGAL ENTITY".  When checking that box using the new online tool, it prompts me for "RESPONSIBLE PERSON" details just like it would for an individual customer who is acquiring an NFA item through their private trust since the 41F/P rule change.  This generated a form 5320.23 that I would need to send in along with photos and fingerprint cards for myself as a member of our LLC.

I understood why that may be the case for a individual non-licensed transferee but never heard of FFL/SOT holders having to send in the 5320.23 along with photos and fingerprint cards.  I called NFA branch this morning and they stated that I would indeed need to send in all that crap to get the Form 4 approved.

Have any of you run across this?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#1]
If that's what ATF told you I guess do as you were told?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the 41P changes is that yes, the responsible persons for a corp or LLC FFL/SOT must submit pics, prints, and the 5320.23 for a Title II transfer coming in on a Form 4.

And yes it's stupid.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the 41P changes is that yes, the responsible persons for a corp or LLC FFL/SOT must submit pics, prints, and the 5320.23 for a Title II transfer coming in on a Form 4.

And yes it's stupid.
View Quote
Cite please?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cite please?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yes it's stupid.
Cite please?
The instructions on the Form 4.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cite please?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yes it's stupid.
Cite please?
Instruction 2d(5) on page 5 of the Form 4, there is no exemption for FFL/SOT's.  Or alternatively the phone call the other FFL/SOT made above.

The "it's stupid" comment is mine not from anyone at ATF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top