Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2011 6:24:41 PM EDT
Russian M44 1944
Yugo 24/47
Enfield No4MK1
The guy through the No4 in on the trade. Not alot of marks on it R5 on the barrel and BNP on the barrel nut. Can this gun be saved or is it a sportster for good?  I would like to find a stock for it.

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The Enfield (jungle carbine) i got from my grandfather was sporterized too.  Go shoot it.  I might even do one of the .45 acp conversions on mine, barrel is pitted but it still groups good in the "brush hunting" ranges.....  I put an ATI monte carlo stock on mine, the original stocks are prone to cracking.

Damn, the machine marks on the left side of your receiver are nasty.  BTW, the BNP means "Birmingham Nitro Proofed" and if it has the crown above the letters, it was likely made post war-1954-ish.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]

It looks like they reworked the end of the barrel. Either they cut off the end or they turned down the bayo mount. You might as well just shoot it as is unless you plan to replace the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
On mine they cut off the front sight ears and the bayo lug, leaving the cone-shaped flash hider and front sight.  Looks like the bbl was cut and a different sight base was added on yours.  About 6 diff companies did these sporter conversions in the late 50's early 60's.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Enfield looks familiar.

My opinion is keep it a sporter there are alot of cool things you can do with it.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Was the 91/30 included, as well? If so, what year/arsenal (yes, I'm a Mosin whore!)

GNRNR,

Do tell about the sporters with the AK mags. 7.62x39 conversions, I would assume? How hard is it to do one like that? There's a ton of sporters around and with all the x39 ammo around, vs. .303, that would be a fun rifle to have. The Enfield is one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
No, the 91/30 is from AIM'S date 1935.

The Yugo has a great trigger can't wait to shoot all three.

Thanks For the help guys.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, barrel on the No. 4 has been chopped. It's a sporter, now and forever.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Go to Numerich and buy their Jungle Carbine kit.  

Its $140 and has everything you need to convert the Enfield into a JC clone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top