Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 8:02:52 PM EDT
So I just picked up my first 22Lr, its a Ruger MKII 5.5 bull barrel SS I picked up used but in like almost never used condition for 200 bucks. Want to get her suppressed. What are the steps of actually obtaining one ? Looking at the Silencerco 22Sparrow. Any help on my noobness will be greatly appreciated.  I live in CT.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
One of a few options.  I had my gun sent to GEMTECH for threading by my FFL to save on shipping since he can send it via USPS ground ( or did back then, not sure about nowdays )

Thats a VORTEX2 which is no longer made by GEMTECH these days.  Its similar to the newer .17HMR can.

Basically, go to your local FFL who deals ( with competence ) in NFA stuff and start the process.  You buy it, he fills out form4, you complete a few other steps and you wait 90 days.  Theres more in the NFA faq here.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So I just picked up my first 22Lr, its a Ruger MKII 5.5 bull barrel SS I picked up used but in like almost never used condition for 200 bucks. Want to get her suppressed. What are the steps of actually obtaining one ? Looking at the Silencerco 22Sparrow. Any help on my noobness will be greatly appreciated. I live in CT.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4144/4961101439_e490411cef_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4961102535_4d423fe566_z.jpg

I'm also in CT.

I'd recommend to have Jo-Jo's Gunworks in Southington thread the barrel.

It's also usually faster to purchase a can that's already in a dealer's hand.

Jo-Jo's will also have some 'cans' in stock. I also like Newington Gun Exchange. That's where I got my YHM can. They are a stocking dealer.

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top