Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2001 7:18:57 PM EDT
On the flip side of another thread I started (www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=73542), what are the top five guns or manufacturers you like to hate?  I am looking for objective opinions on how the gun functions only, rather than the manufacturer's lowsy customer service, or their moral fortitude.

Edited to make link hot.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Jennings and Sundance (need I say more?)

Glock (composite frame transfers too much recoil into my hand... I need a heavier weapon. After 40-50 rounds through the Glock my hand HURTS)

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I HATE being to the right of an AK/Mini 30.  Shoots brass up to 5 points away.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
1) S&W 4516. because I have to carry it on duty. Love the round. The pistol is a piece of crap.

2) Sporterized Enfields, WTF!?!

3) Any Hi Point pistol. Now every crack dealing thug has a disposable pistol.

4) AK-47. Every third world towel head can have two and can probably make them themselves.

5)Springfield Armory Inc. M1A.  Over priced, over hyped cast receivers. Got the semi auto M-14 buying public by the balls.

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
3) Any Hi Point pistol. Now every crack dealing thug has a disposable pistol.

I agree on the HGs but their 9mm carbine is sooo much fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:42:35 AM EDT
[#6]
1.All S&W semi autos!!they are the biggset,outdated POS around.I too carry an S&W .45 because it is required(full sized models).

2.Polytech M-14..fire control part were so out of spec,the thing went full auto!

3.Mini 14...Need I say more?

4.AK's...Rough around the edges,poor sight and ergonomics!

5.SEE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#7]
S & W autos?  I have had a 469 for about 15 years, thousands of rounds, no problems.  I'd rather have a Glock or a Sig (like most LEO agencies nowadays) but the S & W isn't *that* bad.  At least *mine* isn't.  This excludes the dreaded Sigma, which does indeed suck.

Here's my five picks off the top of my head:

1.  Anything by Davis.

2.  Anything by AMT, but particularly the DAO Breakup.

3.  Universal M1 carbine.

4.  Certain frankengun FAL and G3 clones.

5.  Hell I guess that's the end of the list.  Most guns are pretty cool . . .  
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#8]
1) i hate the SKS, i mean, WTF, spend the extra $25.00 and buy an AK already!

2) the Mini-14 - one question, why? just get a Garand if you're such a big fan of the action.

3) M1 Carbine, nothing personal, i'm just too long for that stupid, stubby little butt-stock!

4) any Enfield, they just look bent.

5) those ugly 9mm carbines with bumps and humps and dips and doo's, i don't even remember their name as i never took them seriously, cel-tec, kil-tuc...something, they're stupid.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#9]
A semi-auto rifle that is out of spec, and shoots full auto?  Just shut up and don't take it to the range!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#10]
its not the gun it self its the people think its the greatest thing since sliced bread the 1911! i like the gun just not the people.

anyway back to the topic:

mini 14s
almost anything in 25acp

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#11]
1) Any auto made by SIG.  I just think they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every limb.  Square looking POS with Dr. Franenstein levers all over them.  Unlike the Sexy lines of a Beretta or Kimber.  I feel the lines of a pistol should flow like a piece of art. Hmmm, wonder then why I carry a Glock?

2)Davis Derringers.  They WILL get you killed.

3)Hi-Point Pistols.  I'll admit they are uglier than the SIGS and "probably" less reliable.

4)Charles Daly Shotguns.  With 870's for $200 why would anybody buy a Charles Daly?

5)SEECAMP 32  For years I read about them and never saw one (kinda like Unicorns or Flying Saucers).  Then I saw one and couldn't afford it.  Sour Grapes!?!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#12]
1) FN FAL
2) Anything chambered for .40 cal SW.
3) Bushmaster M17s
4) Steyr Aug
5) Hunting rifles (any make)

-SouthernShark
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#13]
1. S&W.  They sold out.
2. Kahr/Auto Ordinance.  A Moonie possession.
3. HK.  Added trigger locks( first step to selling out)
4. Taurus. Added trigger locks.
5. Springfield. Added trigger locks.
6. Ruger. Sold out on magazine capacity limits.
7. Glock.  Produced in a country with repressive gun laws, and they explode.
8. Colt.  Repeatedly yank items from civilian sale, developing a smart gun.
9. Remington. Use forgings produced by S&W.
10. North American Arms.  Use parts produced by Kahr.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#14]
1. Ruger semi-auto pistols: vague, spongy trigger, tiny sights, and parts that looked like they were stamped out of old soup cans.

2. Walther PPK: Awful ergonomics, a slide that takes a chunk out of your hand, a price that is ridiculous, and all for a crappy defense round.

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I love all guns, just love some of them less than others.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
1) Any auto made by SIG.  I just think they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every limb.  Square looking POS with Dr. Franenstein levers all over them.  Unlike the Sexy lines of a Beretta or Kimber.  I feel the lines of a pistol should flow like a piece of art. Hmmm, wonder then why I carry a Glock?

A Glock carrier saying a SIG is ugly???  Puuuhhhhlllleeeaaaassseee!!!!  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  Sheesh!

All the slams against the Mini14.  How many of you own one, have owned one, or even fired one?  No, it is not an AR.  It is nowhere near as accurate, but is a reliable little rifle and I guarantee you that if I live in Kali, I would rather have a Mini rather than those bastardized, have to break open and load with a stripper clip, AR's they have out there.

How many posts about 'my gun is better than yours, blah, blah' are newbies going to start.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#17]
1. Briley cause I can't afford one
2. Steyr Aug cause I can't afford one
3. Hi Point cause they just feel nasty in a bad way
4. Mossberg shotguns cause they jam too much
5. Any AK knockoff.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Thompson submachine gun, StG-44, MG-42, Glock 18, M-4 carbine.................because I can't legally own any of them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know if I have five that I hate but, here goes....
(1) Any french military rifle.
(2) Anything made by High-point Firearms.
(3) "Long Tom" shotguns and any stories of 500yd accuracy with "punkin" balls.
(4) Rexio revolvers or their junk single shot "pistols."
Well, that about sums it up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Ruger Mini 14.
KelTec P11.
Bushmaster M17S.
Intratec Cat9.
Intratec Tec 22.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#21]
1.) M60 Machine gun: We should have just used the MG42
2.) S&W Semi Auto Pistols: S&W should have stuck with Revolvers.
3.) Ruger Mini 14: Bill Ruger (normally a good designer) takes a very good design (the M14) and completely screws it up.
4.) AR15: What can I say ? The A2 is a huge improvement over the A1, and now the AR15A2 elevates the AR15 from Junk to a Great Target Rifle for short to medium ranges. But it still suffers from some serious flaws as a combat rifle.
I like to think of it as a Semi-Automatic Analogy to the old Canadian Ross Rifle. Great to have during a competition. But would you really want it around when you're waist deep in a muddy trench ?

5.) Mannlicher Carcano Rifle: Pure Junk. No wonder why Italy lost the War.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#22]
1.Single-shot shotgun, like it cause' it's like cowboyish', dislike it cause' it's not enough fire power.
2..22lr pistol's, like it cause they are really accurate, dislike em' cause they are ineffective to stop anything larger than a cat.
3.410 shot gun, good for your boy, but other than that it's for pussies.
4.30/30 lever action winchester, like it cause' it's cowboyish', dislike cause' it's to slow.
5.Ak47, like it becuase it's da' shit!, dislike it cause' it's the rival to my favorite peice  
:)
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I only have one really:

Anything Bullpup!

I am a lefty!  It really hurts to shoot this style of weapon!  It is just not right!  I want to shoot one...but something about the brass hitting me in the face and the hot gas and all that crap...it really sucks!

medcop
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 1:42:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Winchester Mod 1400 "jammomatic"

Ruger Autos, dryfiring them feels like a capgun, bulky and ugly.

Hi point Carbine, it's just ugly and the mags will cut you if your not careful. Accurate little bastard out to 50yds though.

I'm no AK fan, but I do appreciate them for the tough combat rifle they are. However, the wood grain mags have got to go.

Star Pistols. nuff said.

Also, I have just finished my first case with the M17, no problems. Did some of you have bad experiences?

Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Where do I start.............

I hate most products of Norinco,Polytech, Llama, Jennings, Hi-Point, Taurus, Rossi, and other poor quality firearms manufacturers

I dislike Smith & Wesson semi-autos, Glock Tupperware, Ruger Handguns - poor ergonomics - all over built, the highly over-rated Ruger Mini-14, modern Walther handguns, the cheaply made Mossberg 500/590 with a POS safety, anything with "SKS" in the nomenclature, Savage Arms, and most "traditional" hunting weapons - especially anything lever-action.

I do like SIG-SAUER handguns, Colt AR-15 variants, Bushmaster AR-15's, Smith and Wesson revolvers, Remington 870 shotguns and Remington rifles, most Steyr rifles, Heckler and Koch, Fabrique Nationale ( FAL's, FNC, MAG-58 and the Minimi (M249) ), the Ruger 10/22, most European or Russian manufactured Kalashnikovs, General Electric mini-guns, SACO manufacured MK-19's, all Browning designed machine guns,and other quality firearms designers...            
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#26]
anything that complies with the "Crime Bill"
AIRBORNE
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Am I the only one here that likes every gun I've ever fired?z
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Here's mine: 1)Anything with "Lorcin" stamped on it. 2)Anything with "Hi-Point" stamped on it. 3)Glocks-Yeah, I know, they are DAMNED good guns. I'm just old-fashioned. I like to see a hammer, and a saftey. 4)Any "sporterized" military rifle. 5)not a gun, but the F*cking $0.50 folding leaf rear sight that Ruger insists on putting on every rifle they make. [rant]Oh, sure, charge us $500 for a damn rifle, and stick us with the cheapest (and WORST) rear sight you could find, Bill. Thanks a bunch, you turd.[/rant]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top