Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 8:20:18 AM EDT
Took a day off from work the other day and brought the Scout Squad to the range with me........been sitting in the safe ever since I sighted in the new barrel about two years ago.......

I truly forgot what a SWEET shooting gun the Scout is.  As much as I bag on Springfield Armory ( and will continue to do so ) the repair shop did a great job replacing the original, factory scored barrel with a ncie, clean, new one.  Shoots like a DREAM.

My Scout has a fully line bedded GI stock with a purposely rough paint job....it's a bit weightier than a normal Scout but it's smooth shooting and nearly as accurate as my full sized M1A.....as much as I woudl prefer a chrome lined barrel....this chrome moly is a damn straight shooter.....

Guess it'll stay on for a while.......

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#1]
You've gotta love the little 18. I'm glad you're going to keep it
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the camo job.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I like mine. Sage stock on order for her now.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Both nice looking rifles. I especially like brown laminate stocks on a '14. As much as I love a standard 22 incher, the Bush/Scout type is a sweet shooting, handy all around rifle.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the compliments. I am glad you guys are liking yours also.  I am thinking of redoing the stock in a dark blue grey color...sorta like a perriwinkle type color.....

I am not much of a camo guy but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do...and though I do like the job, it's time for something else.......

Either way, this should have been a viable option for the M14 back in the day.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:44:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:27:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the compliments. I am glad you guys are liking yours also.  I am thinking of redoing the stock in a dark blue grey color...sorta like a perriwinkle type color.....

Have you seen this Bush/Scout rifle?

Check out the color scheme on the stock

Here is an old, pre-SAGE picture of my Scout in NM trim...

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, the Scout rifles are SWEET! A few months ago I bought a second one, which has a Smith Ent. Vortex FH attached, and I've been meaning to take her out and see what, if any, recoil difference there is between the Vortex and standard factory mussle brake. Anybody know?
I dressed this one in an E2 stock to add weight to it (for recoil reduction) and for the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I dressed this one in an E2 stock to add weight to it (for recoil reduction) and for the pistol grip.

Great looking Scout Desperado!

I also opted for a pistol grip and added weight with my Scout...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#10]
WOW!!!  Lot's of great Scouts!!!!  I'd have to say that the Scout is probably the best incarnation of the M14 ( I M H O ) and judging by the pictures I'd say many of you agree!!!!

Thanks for the great pics and links.....I think it is defintely time to redo that stock of mine....actually I have several spare, hand picked GI stocks so I may just build a new one.

Hmmmmmm..........
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I just bought one today.  Now I just have to deal with the damn 10 day waiting period

But in 10 days I'll be looking like this
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just bought one today.  Now I just have to deal with the damn 10 day waiting period

But in 10 days I'll be looking like this

Oh, it'll be worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top