Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/16/2004 7:21:35 AM EST
What do you guys think? Should I use this or should I put it in a display case?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:27:47 PM EST
I got the 5.5" version this past week, here's my take:

Once you pick it up, you can tell that it is meant to be used... that said, mine is hanging on my pistol belt. I haven't used it yet, but the little note in the box about sending it back for refinishing and such (for a nominal fee, of course) pushed me over the edge.

-Randy
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:00:52 PM EST
I would use it if it was the Green Beret knife, but this one is the one that was issued to me after I finished the SFQC, not the one you can buy. I'm leaning towards using it, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:15:28 PM EST
Use it... My Sebenza is my everyday carry....
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:02:42 PM EST
Use it, it is made by professionals, for professionals. I have a Breitling that I wear every day, not just for special occasions. Why have it sitting around looking pretty, the beauty of it is in it's functionality and use.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:16:28 PM EST
Let me start out by saying that I am all for using equipment for what it's meant for, but as far as the Yarborough goes, I would hate to lose it or have something stupid happen to it. I really like the knife, but because of the special serial # I think I will use something else downrange. If I had the money, I might be tempted to buy a second (but until uncle Sam decides to give me more propay I'll have to stick w/ something cheaper). Just my 2 cents.

==>john
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:16:44 PM EST
When I first read this post, I didn't realize you had passed the 'Q' course and issued the knife... If it were me, and had the money, I would buy the civie version and keep the Yarborough as a keepsake..

Congrats on making it into SF!

Dave
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:45:33 AM EST
That knife is so sexy I'd hate to get it scratched up, but it IS meant to be used, so I really can't help ya lol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:18:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By Buck_Naked:
When I first read this post, I didn't realize you had passed the 'Q' course and issued the knife... If it were me, and had the money, I would buy the civie version and keep the Yarborough as a keepsake..

Dave

I agree, buy a second one and Keep the one you earned for display. That is something to be very proud of.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:20:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By Buck_Naked:

Dave

+2
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top