User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 5:23:29 PM EDT
Several days ago I wrote about buying an M1A with 13 mgs. for $1000.00
Well the deal got better.
National Match sights
All GI parts except receiver, its a Springfield
Mags 95% or better
Extra Hart stainless steel bbl.  Heavy type
Oversized walnut GI stock, Good looking wood.
Gen. 3 scope mount with rings
extra operating guide
and 80 rounds of nato ball ammo
Rifle came with a camo fiberglass stock

I will be at the range this Sat. and get back with a  report.

Yes I know its just a pos cast Springfield receiver but it will have to do.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Whoever told you that Springfields are POS is full of shit.  Yes the receiver is cast; yes it isn't as hard as the forged GI receivers; yes Springfields despite being softer and cast are still the very popular base receivers for match rifles, and have been for a long time.  The Springfield is a great rifle, shoot it, enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Redmanfms:
I just put that in the post because on my last post, several days ago someone wrote that the Springfield was a cast POS.
Yes the Springfield is not as hard as an M14.  But thats because the M14 was made to go full auto.  I do not belive that the Springfield could stand up to the pounding, but it will never see it anyway.  I do indeed intend to shoot if and do so very often.  This is the secone one that I own. The other one beeing a National Match. If you cound the one that I "owned" while I was in the Marines, I guess the number would be 3.
Bill
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell of a deal!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet deal!!!

So sweet that it would have scared me.  Did you run the serial # to confirm that the rifle is not stolen.  From what you listed, the extra's alone should have been $1000 and the rifle another $1000.  Was the dealer having a Half off sale, or did you just find someone hard up for cash?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top