Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2002 6:58:12 AM EDT
Gents,

Why should I get a FAL.  I have not been able to convince myself to get one.  What are the merits behind this rifle?  I have an M1A and 700 PSS so why should I add this one to the collection?

max
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
*In the top 3 most issued guns in the world for many years
*Cheap magazines
*.308 - nothing more need be said about that
*Just feels right
*Looks cool
*Pisses off liberals
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#2]
it's the ak47 of main battle rifles.

Lots of cheap parts, easy to maintain, tough as a tank.

mike
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Lots of different versions you can configure.

Easy to shoot all day

Adjustable gas system

really cheap magazines ($4 used, $8 new)

Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
For someone who really respects the .308, you owe it to yourself to own one of these legendary works of art.  It's just part of the life cycle of owning great rifles.  I, too, asked why...?  Once I owned one and put it to work, it was clear to me as the day I bought my M1A...it's just that good.  Now I own 3 different versions - very flexible in it's role and just plain affordable to own; unlike the M1A, which is always costly - worth it, but it's pricey to dress.

Be good to yourself, go get one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top