Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 10:29:28 PM EDT
Looking into joining the FAL group, and getting more and more interested. What really got me interested is the DS Arms OSW...unfortunately, I'm living poor right now (BUT I NEEEED MORE FIREARMS). Will the accessories such as the para stock, and others fit on most any FAL, or do I need to start out with any particular base? Please somebody out there educate me. I would greatly appreciate it.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Consider the JLD PTR91 also.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't care much for para stocks but do get an FAL.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I would have to agree.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looking into joining the FAL group, and getting more and more interested. What really got me interested is the DS Arms OSW...unfortunately, I'm living poor right now (BUT I NEEEED MORE FIREARMS). Will the accessories such as the para stock, and others fit on most any FAL, or do I need to start out with any particular base? Please somebody out there educate me. I would greatly appreciate it.  

Para builds are based off the same upper receiver, but the lower, bolt, bolt carrier, and I think several other parts are all unique to the Para. So, if your question is: Can I buy a standard FAL and then later drop in a Para stock? The answer is NO. Can you get a correct Para lower and then attach that to the upper reciever without too much difficulty? YES you can.
The FAL Files will be a great resource for these questions. The guys over there are great, and full of information. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Total Mutt, I put together in the back of my truck at work one day.  Lets see Austrian STG58 Barrel and Flashhider.  Imbel Gear Logo Receiver.  DSA HTS and Gas Piston.  Penguin OD green furniture with SAW grip.  ZA marked lower w/ original crappy paint.  Matching crappy paint top cover.  Indian safety/selector lever. Oh yeah and an Australian OD green L1A1 Carry Handle.  Tapco sling.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a FAL
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Get a FAL

+1
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Get one, they rock.

Oh, and I got rid of the POS ATN scope that is in this pic.  ATN stuff is garbage, I've seen mudpuddles clearer than their glass.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't like the FAL, but now I have one (StG58) and I think it's one of the best 308 rifle....really simple and well made. get one if you can
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
My favorite blaster is a DSA STG58C carbine.  

Easy to maintain, $5 mags, cheap parts, utterly reliable with decent ammo.  Recoil is very manageable and it is surprisingly accurate.

I think of it as an AK in 308!  Absolute winner and the best $800-something I ever spent on a firearm.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a FAL

+1

+2
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#13]
FALs are great rifles. Ive got an older all Belgian one (Im old enough that you would probably castrate yourself with a Swiss Army Knife if I told you what I paid for it) and it never skips a beat...It sits pretty comfortably next to my FN FNC and Browning HiPowers.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#14]

the only problem i have with FALs is that they tend to be a bit pricey for a nice one, so they are harder to stockpile then AK's or even AR's...

seriously though. i got a good deal on a SG58C and i LOVE it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#15]
:) oh get one..you know you want to...

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You would if you lived in a ban state.  

+1 for getting (any) FAL.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#17]
ill let you shoot mine this sunday NorthernBornRebel :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top