Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 8:44:04 PM EDT
Anyone have any info?

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I maybe wrong but I am certain SureFire suppressors are not made of Ti unless they are coming out with a new line that I am oblivious too. Current construction is stainless steel and inconel, I have a FA556 model that is quite nice but I never put a magnet to it to see if is non-faris.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:52:43 AM EDT
[#2]
They are entirely Inconel but the spring arent they?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Titanium doesn't hold up well in heat.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought Titanium was very strong when hot, hence the use in engine exhausts and SR71 structure. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Long read from SureFire's site mentions "steel tube". They have changed their site around alot and look to have added a new suppressor all together FA556-212 and improved the old FA556 and FA556k models.

SureFire's revamped site...

Enjoy.

Torture Testing

Suppressors reduce gunshot noise in a complex manner that crosses many scientific bridges, from the study of flow dynamics to the analysis of sound wave behavior. But for a very simple explanation of how a can works, it's this: a suppressor converts sound energy to heat energy.

Suppressors get hot. Alabama pavement hot. White hot, glowing like molten metal hot. Using a high-speed digital camera, SureFire engineers photographed a prototype suppressor glowing white-hot to the point that you could see the baffles through the COW PADDY exterior tube. Using a special probe to measure the temperature, they noted the temperatures and adjusted their high temp alloys accordingly.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2018/1535340828_bc8ddf18a3_o.jpg
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
The surefire cans that I have played with are very quiet. They are more expensive but that is because they are made out of better material. The surefire cans are made out of inconel the only thing that isn't is the spring that is used in the mount. Also except for the spring everything else is made in-house by surefire. And the mounts are excellent.

DMgangl

The above post is from the AAC vs SureFire thread maybe DMgangl knows more about the SureFire construction and could pop in to this thread. I think the SureFires very well made weather it is made from inconel and stainless steel or 100% billet cow paddy, I don't care they boast a 30,000 round service life and I believe that mine will serve me well on the range.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not asking what Surefire makes their silencers out of.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Quoted:
I'm not asking what Surefire makes their silencers out of.  

Your not?height=8
Titanium Surefire suppressors Anyone have any info?

Nope cause they don't exist.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]
height=8
SNIP
My mistake.  I thought the post was about materials.  

Yes I know my comments are not inline with technical discussion excuse me for trying to be humorous.

Back to the topic at hand;

We could all speculate what SureFire’s cans are made out of or one could do a little research (I tried) and share the information or we could all just sit back and contribute nothing I thought that is what message boards were for… learning?

SureFire Suppressors are made from the fallowing materials:

Titanium

Stainless Steel

Inconel

Billet Cow Paddy

You pick what you want it to be made out of because apparently facts don’t mater anymore.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#12]
height=8

If there is no titanium, then there is no point for this post.

High fiveThat is what I was trying to get at.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top